Where to fix a Lion Bell?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonker

Guru
I've decided I need a bell so, as I'm riding a steel fixed ( A Pearsons Cycles Now You See Me) I should get a good one, I opted for a Lion Bell.

The only thing is in all the pictures from the Lion Bell website the stem mount is on an old quill type, I have a threadless one. I didn't think the mount would work under the top cap so I went for the handlebar mount.

I know I could just put it over the bar tape and cable but I have nice Brooks handlebar tape on my bars that goes right up close to the stem ( I had to cut it back a bit just to get a light on).

I thought I'd just experiment when the bell arrives but does anyone have any ideas/ experience of this?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Not much help but I chose a headset spacer mounted bell so as not to clutter the bars any further..https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acor-Spacer-Bell-Black-Clamp/dp/B00HVCMY0Y

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Could you fix it to the top tube if it's round? I got a spacer bell for my wife's threadless-headsetted bike too, which probably isn't what you wanted to hear...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
^_^your bar tape shouldn't come so close to the stem.

trim it back and problem solved, assuming you wrapped in the correct manner from ends to stem.

Top Bottom