Where to get custom decals printed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BTW

There are print shops that can colour laser print up to 18" A3 width in multi colour BUT the going rate for this service is usually £30 a sheet as the artwork - set up fee is the most expensive part .they will do a smaller size but the price wont vary much .

One of these was the hub in Seaford ,Sussex , I contacted them a while ago when I needed some decals cut , this is what has prompted me to go my own way and get a vinyl cutter for the decals for the trikes and other projects.

Some decals will react with the lacquer and cause problems - obviously OEM fitted decals have been tested with and designed for use with certain types of lacquer .

I have a "tame car /van sign , lettering/ wrap " company that have done some lettering for me in the past (,before I got the cutter ) they fit it in in their quiet spaces and it usually has a 30 day turn around .

Its a case of shop around and try to find an enthusiast who has a little time on their hands that can Identify the font etc .

Decals always have been a problem ever since bikes started to have decals and not sign-written I remember this 30 years ago when I wanted some for a Hobbs of Barbarian , By accident whist cycle racing in the I.O,W I met a retired hobbs frame builder who knew it was a Hobbs and gladly gave me a set of decals once he had seen the frame with his own eyes and further more it transpired it had been one he built way back in 1951 ..
What a chance meeting with a great result .

Good luck on your quest

regards emma

KneesUp

Guru
Making the name " part " of the stickers ( if you can get a close up) is no problem its the other little bits .
I have been " playing " with decal cutting and have had good results

actual size for cutting would be the only requirement and the font and decal colour

here are some I have cut earlier

View attachment 80655

using sign vinyl they don't need to be clear coated

regards emma
I have a local sign maker who I've used before, but am I right in thinking that it can only be one colour?

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Bugger it just had a response from another major bike sticker maker saying they dont want to do it and another large local signwriter wont so im just going to order some generic cervelo decals and make it my own unique bike

I have a local sign maker who I've used before, but am I right in thinking that it can only be one colour?
Vinyl cutting is just that you cut a sheet of vinyl , you can get clever and do two ( or more ) colours by substitution or overlap .
( substitution cut 2 the same in different colours )
BUT laser printed self adhesive labels can be done in 4 colours hence the high costs involved - they have an outdoor life of several years .

I have seen multi colour and reflective vinyl ( I had a sample ) but not very often .

regards emma

screenman

Legendary Member
Bugger it just had a response from another major bike sticker maker saying they dont want to do it and another large local signwriter wont so im just going to order some generic cervelo decals and make it my own unique bike

Why not call it a Jack Smith, and use a stylish font. Some vinyl does not react well to rattle can laquer and will curl up at the edges before the laquer cures.

screenman

Legendary Member
I like that colour a lot, what is it called, please.

lesley_x

Über Member
Why stick with cervelo if you're having custom decals made? Make it your own and unique! Might look a bit obvious it's not cervelo design tbh if you just make it up yourself...

stevede

I like that colour a lot, what is it called, please.

It's Kawasaki Green with BMW Arctic white

The large Specialized logos are actually paint, in that I put the stickers on, painted the second colour and then removed to reveal the base. The smaller ones on the crossbar are stickers as when I tried the same trick, it didn't quite come out as I expected.

Top Bottom