Where to mount new Garmin Edge Touring GPS

Polite

Über Member
image.jpg
Giddy beyond belief with my new Garmin, a treat to myself - is this a cyclist thing? My bars (cockpit) currently house a KlickFix for a handlebar bag, a light and the stem houses a small Cateye computer. There's not much room left and it may not squeeze in if the bar bag is on. I guess I could remove the light and rehouse. Here's my dilemma, if anyone has a similar situation or any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Remove the Cateye computer and put the Garmin in its place on the stem :smile:

OP
Polite

Polite

Über Member
Remove the Cateye computer and put the Garmin in its place on the stem :smile:
I have thought of this but the Cateye is a workhorse that tracks every journey I do and is my odometer. I think I might only use the new Garmin when out touring/weekend riding - if that makes sense. Thinking of getting an out front stand for the Cateye, much, much cheaper - a couple of quid - but weary of it losing its accuracy and becoming temperamental.

Jenkins

Guru
They are good, I have them on all my bikes, it's just whether it will fit along with the bar bag. It would need to be able to go over the top of the bag. It could also be fitted backwards so the Garmin is over the stem, but higher up.
There is an MTB version shown as an option which does this, but it would mean relocating the Cateye. Chain Reaction Have them available.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sram-quikview-mtb-garmin-computer-mount/rp-prod123355?gs=1&gclid=CIOZsoCXpsQCFQoKwwodTZUAwA&gclsrc=aw.ds

robgul

Guru
Tweeks sell an "out front" Garmin mount for about 8 quid - excellent. I have one mounted against the Klick-Fix bar bag gadget that has the Edge Touring sitting at a slight angle between me and the bar bag [An upside is that I can't remove the bar bag without removing the Garmin ... thus I can't forget and leave the Garmin on the bike - assuming you remove the bar bag when parked?]

Rob

Not cheap, but oh so versatile - http://morsadesigns.com/

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I have thought of this but the Cateye is a workhorse that tracks every journey I do and is my odometer. I think I might only use the new Garmin when out touring/weekend riding - if that makes sense. Thinking of getting an out front stand for the Cateye, much, much cheaper - a couple of quid - but weary of it losing its accuracy and becoming temperamental.
Why use both ? The whole point in GPs is to download your rides pretty sure they also can keep a record of your total miles ?

OP
Polite

Polite

Über Member
Why use both ? The whole point in GPs is to download your rides pretty sure they also can keep a record of your total miles ?
I don't fancy taking the Garmin to do my weekly shopping whereas the Cateye just stays on wherever I go.

Top Bottom