Where to mount new Garmin Edge Touring GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Polite

Über Member
image.jpg
Giddy beyond belief with my new Garmin, a treat to myself - is this a cyclist thing? My bars (cockpit) currently house a KlickFix for a handlebar bag, a light and the stem houses a small Cateye computer. There's not much room left and it may not squeeze in if the bar bag is on. I guess I could remove the light and rehouse. Here's my dilemma, if anyone has a similar situation or any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Remove the Cateye computer and put the Garmin in its place on the stem :smile:

OP
OP
Polite

Polite

Über Member
Remove the Cateye computer and put the Garmin in its place on the stem :smile:
I have thought of this but the Cateye is a workhorse that tracks every journey I do and is my odometer. I think I might only use the new Garmin when out touring/weekend riding - if that makes sense. Thinking of getting an out front stand for the Cateye, much, much cheaper - a couple of quid - but weary of it losing its accuracy and becoming temperamental.

Jenkins

Legendary Member

robgul

Legendary Member
Tweeks sell an "out front" Garmin mount for about 8 quid - excellent. I have one mounted against the Klick-Fix bar bag gadget that has the Edge Touring sitting at a slight angle between me and the bar bag [An upside is that I can't remove the bar bag without removing the Garmin ... thus I can't forget and leave the Garmin on the bike - assuming you remove the bar bag when parked?]

Rob

D

Deleted member 23692

Not cheap, but oh so versatile - http://morsadesigns.com/

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I have thought of this but the Cateye is a workhorse that tracks every journey I do and is my odometer. I think I might only use the new Garmin when out touring/weekend riding - if that makes sense. Thinking of getting an out front stand for the Cateye, much, much cheaper - a couple of quid - but weary of it losing its accuracy and becoming temperamental.
Why use both ? The whole point in GPs is to download your rides pretty sure they also can keep a record of your total miles ?

OP
OP
Polite

Polite

Über Member
Why use both ? The whole point in GPs is to download your rides pretty sure they also can keep a record of your total miles ?
I don't fancy taking the Garmin to do my weekly shopping whereas the Cateye just stays on wherever I go.

Top Bottom