Where to secure the drink holder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Sutton

This is my bike - see attached file.

Question: Where do I secure the drink holder? I'm fed up with having to stop and remove my backpack just to get a drink.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

• mybike.jpg
    mybike.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 85

Amanda P

Legendary Member
That's going to be tricky.

Many mountain bike riders use a 'hydration backpack', something like this. If you're riding flat-out downhill off-road, you won't have time to reach for a bottle cage.

If you're not riding flat-out downhill.... you may have the wrong bike.

OP
OP
Tony Sutton

Tony Sutton

I only got the bike for £20 as a way to keep myself fit so I'm just using it for anywhere really... no downhill racing. :smile:

Maybe some sort of tie cable to secure it down on the frame? Does a drink holder for handle bar exists?

Thanks.

GrasB

Veteran
cable tie/clue a bottle holder mount onto the horizontal section of the Y frame may want to put a little wedge at the front to help raise the front of the bottle holder up.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
If you're still on a tight budget, something to clamp a bottle cage around that main frame tube might be the best answer. Or, as that's an awkward shape, perhaps the little short tube where it says "Showdown". Jubilee clips, perhaps - clips designed for ordinary bike frame tubes are likely to be too short, and cable ties not stiff or strong enough. Miss T is right, though - if you care about the frame, put some old inner tube or a couple of layers of insulting tape around the frame before you put the clips round.

OP
OP
Tony Sutton

Tony Sutton

I like... but the seat post is already full with the D lock holder, mudguard and soon, a "bumbag" to hold the tools.

Still, thanks for the suggestion. :smile:

OP
OP
Tony Sutton

Tony Sutton

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
That's actually very useful! I will investigate further. I hope it's long enough to go round the thick frame - how long are they?

Not bothered if it scratches... the bike is pretty old and has lots of scratches anyway. :biggrin:

They are long enough to go around a drainpipe by my estimation, so a bike frame should pose no problems.

Top Bottom