Where we 'should' have gone on holiday. The situation there now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Should have gone to Puerto Pollenca (Majorca). Had a few great holidays there.
Good memories of bars and restaurants etc.
Googled and checked Tripadvisor.
Our 'favourite' bars and restaurants are closed for the year or simply serving alcohol .......no entertainment.
Beach franchises eg bars and sunbeds have been fined for opening when the council have not given permission.
I feel sad but glad I am not there.

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
I know people that were there a few weeks ago. They were bored.

Edit to add: And then it was two weeks quarantine when they came back to UK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I know people that were there a few weeks ago. They were bored.

Edit to add: And then it was two weeks quarantine when they came back to UK.
Yes.
As much as I was looking forward to going I do wonder why people insisted on going in these difficult times.

MarkF

Guru
Was to be mega year for us. All the things cancelled.

Daughters May birthday in Tenerife.
Family ride Bilbao-Malaga.
Daughters gap year month in Brisbane then onto my cousins in Sydney.
Family holiday to visit my last surviving US relatives in Aberdeen WA. Doubt my mum at 83 will see her sister at 96 ever again.

johnblack

Über Member
Was supposed to go to Crete, but got cancelled.

So went to Kos instead, it was ace, airports and flights were a breeze, fantastic hotel, great food, weather amazing.

Would have been our last 3 days in Olhuveli, it isn't, its a murky Chester....oh well, sh*t happens :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm so glad we took the early decision to cancel.
We were booked to the Grand Okan in Alanya, Turkey. A wonderful hotel, good rooms and really good food, close to fabulous sandy beaches, clean sea with waves that you can have fun in safely, a really good town, harbour, castle, a really really good place. I always said I didnt feel the need to go to the same place twice, the Grand Okan tempted us back for the third visit.
But it's not even open yet, we know the manager loosely and talk occasionally via FB, it would have been a huge disappointment finding ourselves somewhere unknown and very likely not as good.
We dont like uncertainty, we research our holidays to death to get it right and every time the holiday companies change anything, particually the location, it's never ended up better for us.
So regretfully, the right decision was made earlier this year.

pawl

Legendary Member

Baldy

Über Member
Had flights to Swedish Lapland booked. They were cancelled, paid £350 got £60 back. Won't be using SAS again.
Sweden is still an infection hotspot so doesn't look likely that I'll get up there anytime soon.

vickster

Legendary Member
Had flights to Swedish Lapland booked. They were cancelled, paid £350 got £60 back. Won't be using SAS again.
Sweden is still an infection hotspot so doesn't look likely that I'll get up there anytime soon.
If your flights were cancelled, you’re entitled to a full refund. Go through your credit card company if you have no joy with airline/agent

Top Bottom