Where we 'should' have gone on holiday. The situation there now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes, I know.
Serious question.
If you know, then why have you only got £60 back?

figbat

Slippery scientist
Supposed to go to southern France but the outbound flight got cancelled. It was possible that we could have found a flight to another airport and driven to the villa but we de used that it wasn’t worth forcing it, facing uncertain shop and restaurant availability, uncertain quarantine rules so we cancelled everything and got most of our money back. BA were tricky to get hold of but when we did they refunded immediately. Travel insurance paid out for the lost deposit on the villa with just a £15/head excess. Car hire refunded with no issue.

We went camping in the Cotswolds in storm Francis instead. Survived too.

D

Deleted member 26715

Should be going to Florida in 6 weeks, celebrate my 60th & the grandkids would have been the same age as our kids when they first went, now it's all next year (hopefully)

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't really know but they're being very awkward. They won't answer any kind of communication next step the small claims court.
Who is being awkward? SAS?
Let your CC company handle it as a charge back.
Did the return get cancelled too? If not, that could be the issue

steverob

Guru
Should have been going to South Africa in June (Cape Town followed by safari), which was then postponed to October, but their borders are remaining closed to tourists until 2021 apparently, so it’s been postponed again until next May.

Ended up working through the two weeks in June I should have been off, but will take the October dates off - probably just do a few day trips to London or whatever attractions are nearby and open.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
SE Asia as usually at this time of the year...
Instead I might take a ferry from Ciutadella to Alcudia or do Caminó de Santiago

As for the Pollenca - the upside is there is hardly any traffic there now, never seen Formentor so quiet

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
SE Asia as usually at this time of the year...
Instead I might take a ferry from Ciutadella to Alcudia or do Caminó de Santiago

As for the Pollenca - the upside is there is hardly any traffic there now, never seen Formentor so quiet
Do you live in Ciutadella ??

D

Deleted member 26715

Just put this in another post, we are/were about to go to a cottage in North Yorkshire on the 17th October, our daughter, her husband & their 2 kids, my wife, my son who still lives at home & myself. But it now looks like we all can't go together even though we all mix on a regular basis & our son works in Retail so mixes with 100's of people daily.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just put this in another post, we are/were about to go to a cottage in North Yorkshire on the 17th October, our daughter, her husband & their 2 kids, my wife, my son who still lives at home & myself. But it now looks like we all can't go together even though we all mix on a regular basis & our son works in Retail so mixes with 100's of people daily.

You sometimes find a pair of cottages on the same site, often a farm. Worth seeing if you can find a pair in the area you want to go?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yep,
Actually in the summer usually in Cala Galdana but about to go back to Ciutadella
About 3 years ago we holidayed in the Globals Farragut just outside Cuitadella. A/I and one of our best ever holidays.......mainly as we met a young couple (half our age) and we all hit it off so well. Food was excellent.
The year before we stayed at the opposite end of the island.

Top Bottom