Where will the Tour de France finish in future...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Totally of topic but it's a great city...as for the Parisians being rude.Never really took much notice I've allways had a great time in France in general.Ive been to the finish of the tour there and it's a great atmosphere.
Anyway who wants everyone to be nice all the time...nothing gets on my tits more than...have a nice day,can I help you with anything sir !
Each to their own I guess.

SWSteve

Guru
Paris is like London when viewed by the disdainful comments on forums. Lots of brits have bad things to say about london[ers] just like French do about Paris and Parisians.

having learned enough French to get by I’ve never had a single problem.

same here, I can ask for what I would like, ask some other small /easy questions and understand most of the response, but not much else and have gotten by absolutely fine.
I think the people who complain about the french may also complain about having to speak french

same here, I can ask for what I would like, ask some other small /easy questions and understand most of the response, but not much else and have gotten by absolutely fine.
I think the people who complain about the french may also complain about having to speak french
Not at all. My reasons above are genuine. I dont complain about speaking French. Wouldnt want to. I worked in Belfort and the factory I was in couldn't be more unhelpful. An English resident who worked there apologised the first day and warned us how awkward they could be. Welcome to their City. Its bloody awful :okay:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I just spotted this HERE on the Guardian website...

It sounds like a nice idea, but it will mess up the usual TdF sprint finish! :sad:

Where will it be moved to?
5667.jpg

Why can't the new promenades be closed for the event?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
But back on topic, I think a final day that's properly competitive for the GC would be an exciting change from the rather boring freewheeling around drinking champagne followed by a few joke doomed attacks that we get now.

Not convinced. I think the Giro lost something by not having the race winner riding round, respeldent in pink, visibly enjoying the honour that will be bestowed upon him at the end of the day. Anyway, in most GT races the GC has been resolved long before the final day, and only rarely is there a closeable time gap come the last stage where this may change.

SWSteve

Guru
Not convinced. I think the Giro lost something by not having the race winner riding round, respeldent in pink, visibly enjoying the honour that will be bestowed upon him at the end of the day. Anyway, in most GT races the GC has been resolved long before the final day, and only rarely is there a closeable time gap come the last stage where this may change.

It may be a coincidence, but the two most memorable giri final Stages have been when Nairo lost the GC whilst in a pink skinsuit, and when Tao won the GC Both of which were TTs on the final day.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The article said that road space would be reduced by half. I suppose it depends on exactly how they do it.

If you think of how the peloton thunders back downhill from the Arc de Triomphe, then it might get a bit scary on a narrow road?!
there's probably much narrower sections of the course... half the Champs Elecantspellit is still probably quite wide. Isn't it 6 or 8 lanes currently?

Top Bottom