1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's Magnatom ?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by goo_mason, 27 May 2008.

1. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Just realised that it's been a few days since we've heard from Magnatom on these boards. Is he on holiday, or is he keeping a low profile and avoiding his stalkers ? :biggrin:

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

...or has one of his stalkers got to him?...

3. Maz

Maz Guru

Domtyler hasn't signed in today, either.

4. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Wipes tear from eye;).

5. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I'm here, thanks for the concern! ;)

Just been busy lately. The whole family apart from me had a sickness bug last week, then we were down in Lancashire at the in-laws over the weekend (at which my father in-law also started being sick!). Then, after we got home my youngest developed a nasty case of croup, which meant he had to spend a few hours under obs at the local kids hospital (had some steroids to open up his wind pipe a little). Not very nice. Still wheezy, but recovering. And today I have been at another hospital acceptance testing a newly installed MRI scanner.

Phew!:smile:

Not been on the bike since early last week as a result. However, I'm back tomorrow! :biggrin:

Have I missed much?:smile:

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

It doesn't matter how many times you've seen croup, at 3am with that terrified look in their eyes it's always frightening.

BrumJim likes this.
  7. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

did you test it on your own personal brain?

8. Bollo

Bollo Gas Giant Staff Member

Phantom, innit.:sad:

Dr M will be along shortly to explain.

9. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Mister Paul,

Yes croup is nasty. My son had another bad night last night, finding it hard to breath, but at about 3:30am it suddenly cleared and now he just has a bad cold. That's typical of croup apparently. It goes as quick as it comes on.

Bonj,

As Bollo has suggested, we use phantoms not brains. In fact you could say we use phantoms to look for ghosts (a very poor MR physics joke!). I've seen my brain more times than I care to mention. In fact it is starting to get worrying, because with a little bit of image processing, I can see how my brain is changing over time. It's scary when you see how much brain disappears as we get older!!;)

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

So the boy's got croup @BrumJim ?

11. GrasB

GrasB Veteran

12. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

the_mikey likes this.
  13. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Blimey! There are a few ex 'leg-ends' on this old thread.

Where are they now, I wonder.

summerdays likes this.
  14. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Jim "liked" my post just now, so I'm assuming he's done a forum search for "croup". He has a toddler.

BrumJim likes this.
  15. BrumJim

BrumJim Poster

Yes. 12:00 last night we were driving down to Children's Hospital A&E in a car with a flat tyre. Mild panic had judged this as a better option than stopping to change it in the dark, and badly distracted. 30 minutes later and after a steroid injection, a very worried, stressed and wheezing toddler became a 3 a.m. live-wire pushing chairs around the waiting room, using Mummy and Daddy as convenient climbing frames, falling of chairs and then getting up without so much as a grimace, and smiling at anyone who came close. 04:30 and we were heading home.

Crackle and Beebo like this.