Where's the crowd's i can hear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Football is a dreary game. I wrote to FIFA suggesting that concealing a random numner of snipers within the crowds to pick off players at random might improve the spectacle, but only the North Korean's have adopted my idea.
There's enough 'secret snipers ' in the game as it is, you seen how many fall over without explanation. Must be the snipers.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Same on the rugby internationals, canned crowd noise.
When Amazon Prime were showing the Autumn Nations Cup games you could choose to watch without the crowd noise, but no such option with ITV and BBC for the Six Nations.
I prefer it without the fake crowd.

Drago

Legendary Member
There's enough 'secret snipers ' in the game as it is, you seen how many fall over without explanation. Must be the snipers.
Thst annoys me - are they sportsmen or thespians? Anyone in such pain that they are rolling rpund on the floor in agony are clearly not fit to continue the game and should automatically be sent off. In amy other endeavour it would be reharded as fraud.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I prefer the fake crowd sound. It's not perfect,but a lot better than that empty stadium sound,with just the players calling for the ball,you can hear. Though it is a novelty to hear the sound of the ball being kicked and headed. Without the fake crowd,to me it sounds like a reserve match....as in hardly anyone there.

In matches without canned crowds (when matches were still played in Wales), the commentators on Sgorio (S4C) often apologised to viewers for the swearing heard from the bench.

Same on the rugby internationals, canned crowd noise.
When Amazon Prime were showing the Autumn Nations Cup games you could choose to watch without the crowd noise, but no such option with ITV and BBC for the Six Nations.
I prefer it without the fake crowd.
I'm sure I watched some rugger in the summer/autumn with no crowd noise. I don't remember hearing noise from the benches/balcony; the noise from the players was really good! You got a better sense of the impacts, and what the players are shouting to each-other is much more a part of the match than what the crowds shout.

All things being equal, I would generally say NO to faked noises.

D

Deleted member 26715

Just watching the live football on BBC 1
It's Man United vs West Ham. From the background sounds you would swear it's a full house of football fans cheering them on, but in the stalls there's not a person to be seen.
Very strange to think they've put canned cheering on. Have they actually put loud speakers up in the stadium lol.
Funnily enough, we flicked over to BBC1 at 8pm (I think or was it 7pm) last night, the match hadn't started anyway, firstly I couldn't believe they had put it on the main prime time channel BBC1 at 8pm, football does seem to get a disproportionate amount of exposure compared to those who are interested in it. But then I heard the crowds & it confused the F out of me, even commented to my wife that they had canned crowds, just like canned laughter. The marketing department does have some weird ideas sometimes.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I lost interest in the match after a while but i did notice a goal was scored. As it was live, did they have have some poor person sitting there with his eyes peeled to the game, waiting to press the button for a crowd cheer when the ball went into the net.
With my attention span i would missed it

There's a bloke who plays the crowd sounds on a mixing desk, hitting certain buttons to generate (hopefully) the right and appropriate sounds at the right time. I gather the game is on a few seconds delay to help that.

I actually find that rather amusing - the knowledge that when the crowd goes "ooooh", it's because some bloke has hit a button in response to a shot on target.

Top Bottom