Which audax bike??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Then all I can say is "The photos on the website send the wrong message to potential customers. Sack the marketing manager."

Maybe the marketing manager is correctly identifying and marketing to the majority of potential buyers. Audax is a somewhat rarefied atmosphere after all.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
This topic has been moved to Know How by the admin team.

jimboalee

Maybe the marketing manager is correctly identifying and marketing to the majority of potential buyers. Audax is a somewhat rarefied atmosphere after all.

I don't think so. There are some 'Hilly' hundreds, and if a newbie went on a 'hilly hundred' with one of those bikes, the newbie would be put-off for life.

Panoramix

Yello, I'm a little bit confused (no change there :rolleyes: ) by your opinion that you wouldn't consider a Fratello for a Sportive. I realise that it is Condor's marketing pitch that 'if you only have room for one bike it has to be the Fratello', but I would have thought that the relaxed geometry, comfortable steel frame and ability to take 'guards etc would make it good choice (though not necessarily as good in some ways as say, the venerable Secteur - but good all the same)
I think I am going to have to limit my little fleet of bikes and therefore a Fratello could well be that 'do it all' bike. I'm still undecided though, and have until spring to make a decision. That said, on looks alone. I am lusting after a Basso Laguna, so maybe I may get away with a straight swap by selling my Langster and still have three bikes to do all things.

Bill

I have a Fratello and i have clocked about 20000km doing long audaxes and commuting. I have just bought a second hand pompino to preserve the fratello as my best audax bike, to stop wearing the components and to improve my fitness. Nevertheless the Fratello has been my only bike for 2 years and was doing a good job. I cracked a frame but condor replaced it swiftly.

If you commute a lot the keeping the langster makes sense.

Top Bottom