which bag do you recommend for the brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brommyboy

Über Member
I have the shopping basket - for shopping! - and the touring pannier - for touring! As both of mine are now over ten years' old, I have no idea which new one I would go for, as there have been so many changes. The new touring pannier has strange pockets, unlike the former Carradice made one, and the waterproof lining will not allow the water that seeps in through the stitching to dry out! I will just have to look after the existing ancient designs!

Brommyboy

Über Member
OK, to carry that you may need at least a 20 litre bag. If you have S bars, then you cannot choose from all the bags, as some are too tall. Otherwise you are free to choose. The T bag is up to about 30 litres, the C bag about 25 litres, and the S bag 20 litres. You will need bag, frame and front block to fit this, unless going for the O bags which use an inbuilt frame. Some deals include all these, others exclude the front block. You will need to ask when shopping.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
O because it fits what I need to carry when I'm up in that Lahndahn.

Netbook.
Dongle.
Fountain pen.
Reading material in book form. Smut optional.
Gentleman's cycling periodical.
Wallet.
Network Railcard.
Oyster Card.
Keys, on convenient clip.
Café lock or D lock if heading chavwards.
Girly coin purse.
Gilet and shell.
Hipflask.

OP
OP
J

jackthelad

In these days of equality she should carry her own stuff. And 50% of the tools.
(wHY) I cycle a lot more than her, have stronger legs etc.She has not been on a bike in 40 years,now finally I get her on a bike and has a passion for sight seeing,and you want me to deter her from that.If it means carrying a few pounds of weight for her to give her the experience of touring, plus enjoy the company,then i am happy to do it all day long.

JC4LAB

Have a variety of Bags inc ...Hardcase (bought from Wiggle),the softcase on rollers by by Brompton.but if dont fold that well for carrying after A Dahon folding bike bag which folds after into a bum bag.and can carry your bike on your back as a backpack too..
Best cheap Improvised option I have come across is the IKEA Dimpla plastic see through bag which is the perfect fit.Seen this recommeded on many a folding bike thread.Do a web seasrch on it..a bag which offers Portablity after use yet remaining padded enough to protect it from rough handling is a problem.find ..

Pottsy

Have a variety of Bags inc ...Hardcase (bought from Wiggle),the softcase on rollers by by Brompton.but if dont fold that well for carrying after A Dahon folding bike bag which folds after into a bum bag.and can carry your bike on your back as a backpack too..
Best cheap Improvised option I have come across is the IKEA Dimpla plastic see through bag which is the perfect fit.Seen this recommeded on many a folding bike thread.Do a web seasrch on it..a bag which offers Portablity after use yet remaining padded enough to protect it from rough handling is a problem.find ..

I think he's asked about bags to carry stuff on the Brompton, not to transport the Brompton in.

OP
OP
J

jackthelad

ok guys thanks for the info managed to get sorted, picked up a C Brompton bag for a fair price,cant believe the amount of pockets and compartments in this bag,its like the titanic of bags

Sara_H

Guru
(wHY) I cycle a lot more than her, have stronger legs etc.She has not been on a bike in 40 years,now finally I get her on a bike and has a passion for sight seeing,and you want me to deter her from that.If it means carrying a few pounds of weight for her to give her the experience of touring, plus enjoy the company,then i am happy to do it all day long.
What a gentleman you are! I'v just bought an electric bike and in a reversal of roles, my OH now expects me to carry all the heavy stuff as I battery assisted!

OP
OP
J

jackthelad

Thanks for the compliment Sara,I dont mind carrying stuff,when out with the wife,its not major a few tools and bits and pieces.
I just thought every guy done it ( the norm)

Top Bottom