Which bike should i buy? Opinions ASAP please..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

I want something thats going to look the part and have some descent parts that wont need replacing every 5 minutes.

Lol, you're going to be out of luck with the parts lasting more than 5minutes and MTBing!

A lot depends on where / how you ride. Typically when MTBing you get a lot of mud/grit gets thrown up and onto the bike. This mud acts like a grinding paste and your expensive parts will just get sanded away before your eyes.

Somewhat irronically buying high end parts isn't a guarantee that they will last any longer.
Lower end parts often seem to wear better because have less pivots/moving parts and their design means they haven't tried to remove every last gram of weight.

All you can do is buy parts that are well sealed against the elements. Clean the bike well after everyride but avoid using jet-washes.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
You've probably wasted 400 extra quid on something you won't use to its potential, but there we go.

Stu

Jeeeze, you really are a miserable bugger aren't you :smile:

Let the guy enjoy his new toy. If he can afford it, then good luck to him.

Lets face it how many people are going to get the full potential out of any top end items, be that bikes, motorcycles, Ferraris or any thing else.
It's nice to be able to have things we don't really need occasionally.

Cubist

Still wavin'
You've probably wasted 400 extra quid on something you won't use to its potential, but there we go.

Stu
Oh great! The guy has bought himself a bike he wants. The X4 is very highly rated as a full-suss XCer, even at £1400. He's got it on tick with enough change from the RRP to buy a Carrera and you slag off his choice!

Sheesh!

Danprice, enjoy, I'm very envious of the deal you got. May I enquire where from?

OP
OP
D

DanPrice

Hi all,

Sorry i havent been on in a while ive been making the most of my new bike.

I was up north at my girlfriends at the weekend so rode Sherwood Pines red trail on Saturday which was pretty good, couldn't resist launching off of absolutely anything possible. Stopped off at the dirt jumps on the way down and rode them for half an hour, was a little different to jumping on a BMX but i enjoyed it none the less.

Ended up doing the downhill part 3 times, i like the wooden berms.

All in all loving it so far.

Ive got this week off work also so going to ride as much as possible. Can anyone recommend any local XC trails to me? Im in Bristol.

Anyway thanks to everyone for all there input it was much appreciated, i know the whole topic was all over the place but in the end i think i made the right decision.

And to those who wanted to know where i got it from it was the Giant shop in Bradley Stoke, Bristol.

Again, thanks all :smile:

Top Bottom