which bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
My brother wants a like-a-road bike, one he can take down the canal path to get to work on. he wants road bike style but obviously it needs to be a little bit sturdier. wants to spend about £400-£600. Any ideas?

Road bike style? Drop bars? or just not MTB frame style?

Loads of options at http://www.evanscycles.com/dept.jsp?dept_id=1032 but some may beed a slightly heavier tyre fitting.

I run a Scott sub-20 and love it for NCN reclaimed railway tracks etc.

simoncc

buggi said:
My brother wants a like-a-road bike, one he can take down the canal path to get to work on. he wants road bike style but obviously it needs to be a little bit sturdier. wants to spend about £400-£600. Any ideas?

Dawes Horizon or the Edinburgh Cycle Co-op equivalent for £400ish.

Spa cycles of Harrogate might even do a Dawes Galaxy for about £600. The Galaxy is a better quality version of the Horizon.

Abitrary

Forget about the brand.

He needs to walk into his local bike shop, and do a staring competition with the owner.

If the owner first breaks eye contact then he might be:

1) Dishonest
2) Scared

If the eye contacter breaks contact first then he might look

1) Humble
2) A fool

Anyway, I can't scroll up with this old bloody laptop to see what the question was

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Terminator said:
Thats okay you like like a very nice mouse.

or even a baby ratty?

buggi said:

Kona Dew; £350ish. With mudgourds and rack; £400ish. With aloonyman bar and saddle upgrade; £450ish.

We use them in our fleet and jolly nice they are too.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
mickle said:
Kona Dew; £350ish. With mudgourds and rack; £400ish. With aloonyman bar and saddle upgrade; £450ish.

We use them in our fleet and jolly nice they are too.
sounds good

Abitrary

Never buy a decent first bike because you will have no reason to buy another and something inside you will die

Abitrary

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Not true at all!

Haven't you ever heard of the universal law of cycling which states that where n= the number of bikes you currently own, n+1 is the ideal number of bikes.

Yes true. All things that live must die. Persons, dreams.

The universe is an elastic band waiting to snap back, stinging its fingers

Top Bottom