Which bike?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by sion, 25 Apr 2010.

1. sion

sion New Member

Hi, I'm looking to buy a second bike to commute to work, currently using my 'heavy' mountain bike.
    I have a budget of max £700 and am looking for a sport hybrid type bike. I have narrowed it down to TREK 7.5 FX, TREK 7500, Ridgeback Flight 02, ridgeback Rapide supernova, Specialized tricross or Specialized sirrus elite.
    My commuting journey is mixed. Road30%, pavement40%, 10% gravel, 20% mud footpath, many speed bumps, mount many pavements, only one short steep up hill section.
    I hope someone with the knowledge of the above bikes can give me some advice. Thanks, Sion.

2. Norm

Norm Guest

I don't know the Treks or Ridgebacks but I'm not sure that a sport hybrid like the Sirrus or Trek 7.5FX would be ideal with only 1/3 of your journey on the road. They are flat-barred road bikes, IMO, and they might not appreciate spending 1/3 of their time on mud and gravel.

The Trek 7500 looks more suitable, but I'd go with the Tricross.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice