Which boingy bike would you choose...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
I'm not going to add anything constructive to this thread I'm afraid as I am not convinced that more than maybe 20% of full suss riders actually require full suss.

I have had a look at the 3 bikes linked to and now I feel a little queasy xx(

I hope I have helped :thumbsup:

No, not in the slightest.

Cubist

Still wavin'
The Canyon. The Rose is fugly imho, and Enduro heavy, whereas the other two sneak in at heavy XC, light AM weights. The Radon is nice, with good groupset and the best of the three forks, but the Canyon's frame styling do it for me. The Revelation fork on the Canyon is great, and the 1x11 drivetrain is pretty "en point". You won't get a test ride on any of them, but by experience and reviews the Canyon are awesome. If you do buy it save a few bob to bin off the Avid brakes though!

OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
The Canyon. The Rose is fugly imho, and Enduro heavy, whereas the other two sneak in at heavy XC, light AM weights. The Radon is nice, with good groupset and the best of the three forks, but the Canyon's frame styling do it for me. The Revelation fork on the Canyon is great, and the 1x11 drivetrain is pretty "en point". You won't get a test ride on any of them, but by experience and reviews the Canyon are awesome. If you do buy it save a few bob to bin off the Avid brakes though!

Pretty much where I had got myself too. Looking for reasons not to go for the Canyon but struggling. Thanks - good input from all of you.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And a fat bike.
My bike makes me look fat.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Hello again all, not posted on here for a while but I need some advice and this was always a good place for that.
Have come into a little money recently, enough to be able to buy my dream bike, a full susser., .
Trouble is, I have no idea of which to go for. I have narrowed it down to 3 bikes (I am test riding the Chief at Ashton Court with Fin, the Rose bikes rep, on Tuesday) but can you good folk tell me which bike is the best deal? which has got the better boingy bits?.

Here's the bikes and thanks in advance!

The bikes...

https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3250#tab-reiter2

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/product/detail/aid:652593/load:96929

http://www.radon-bikes.de/xist4c/web/Slide-150-10-0_id_25926_.htm
Here's a spanner in the works for you. With your budget you could put a decent wheelset on one of these, and still have change for the pub.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBIS-MOJO...1362102452?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4ad2ac88b4

OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
Thanks again - the Titus I looked at but are sold out, I know everyone raves about santa cruz's but I think they are overpriced for what you get spec wise (bit like oranges)

The Ibis is a real eye opener though - don't know a lot about the shock/forks brand though? and if only the forks were black. Still interested at that price though - what wheelset would you put on there Cubist? ZTR flows on Hope evo2's?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Thanks again - the Titus I looked at but are sold out, I know everyone raves about santa cruz's but I think they are overpriced for what you get spec wise (bit like oranges)

The Ibis is a real eye opener though - don't know a lot about the shock/forks brand though? and if only the forks were black. Still interested at that price though - what wheelset would you put on there Cubist? ZTR flows on Hope evo2's?
Xfusion are very well reviewed. I have the burlier 160 Slants on my Ibis, and can't fault them. The Velvets are meant to be very good give their cost, especially when compared with Fox. . Light, smooth, well damped. They seem to be blossoming in the current market. If you don't like them you could always save up for the new Pike! The rear shock I know nothing about, but a bit of googling may find a review. If you don't like it, it's ripe for an upgrade.

Yes, I'd go for Pro2 Evos with Stans ZTR rims, , simply because they are versatile, reasonably light and modular, so you can get adapters to suit all fork and rear axle standards. Hope customer service is legendary. At £300 give or take you are buying a rebuildable, serviceable, and of course British wheelset.Flows are absolutely bombproof, and very easy to set up tubeless, designed for big stuff. If you intend to ride trail/AM then perhaps think about Arch Ex, which are slightly lighter, and with a narrower profile. I have Flows on the Ibis and Arch Ex on the Soul. Hope Hoops are great as a factory build, but you can get a custom build and therefore have a choice of hub colour and spoke/ nipple combination.

On a tighter budget you might look at Superstar switch evo hubs, on Stans or their own tubeless rims.

Top Bottom