Which boingy bike would you choose...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
Just an update - the Canyon and Radon are now losing the battle :smile: finding out that a replacement cassette is 200 quid and a chain 30 odd has dented my ardour somewhat. I may not join the rush for the 1x11 drive.

Will do a quick review of the Granite Chief 3 after Wednesday if anyone is interested. The heaviest of the bikes I am looking at but sometimes that isn't a bad thing. Described as 'a bombproof frame' by someone on another forum...I can't wait for Wednesday.

sazzaa

I know SFA about mountain bikes, but the Cube full sussers are pretty.

Just an update - the Canyon and Radon are now losing the battle :smile: finding out that a replacement cassette is 200 quid and a chain 30 odd has dented my ardour somewhat. I may not join the rush for the 1x11 drive.

Will do a quick review of the Granite Chief 3 after Wednesday if anyone is interested. The heaviest of the bikes I am looking at but sometimes that isn't a bad thing. Described as 'a bombproof frame' by someone on another forum...I can't wait for Wednesday.
Oooof. Those prices will come down though, like anything new.

ScotiaLass

Guru

My Saracen is a full suss and I've had it for about 8 years. It is a VERY heavy bike but until recently (health issues) that didn't bother me.
It felt solid and gave me confidence when riding on technical sections. Speed wasn't an issue for me then either.

OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
The Chief took my breath away, tbf. You hear loads of cliches in biking circles...toasty warm...buttery smooth...grin inducing...but I was actually grinning halfway around the SuperNova trail. Trying to keep up with Fin (UK rep and rider for Rose) meant I was really pushing myself on an unfamiliar bike but despite the wet, granite chunked and flowy, bermy track I never felt the bike was going to let go once. Never once felt the weight of the bike and felt absolutely in control - and I am not the greatest rider in the world.

Ordering one today - the configurator on the Rose site has meant me swapping bars, stems, drive train about a 100 times so far - it's too good!

Top Bottom