Which breakfast before 60+ miles ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Riverman said:
Is the uncooked rolled oats thing to do with slow digestion? I always though cooking releases more calories?
No. I just hate porridge. :biggrin:;)

jimboalee

moxey said:
Hi folks, doing Manchester to blackpool this sunday and as the title says what is a good thing to eat before a longish ride. But keep in mind that i'm stopping in a hotel the night before so choices will be limited.

Is that a crappy hotel, or just budget?

As for breakfast.
If they have cereals, pastries, toast, jams, marmalade etc. Stuff your face.

Hint.
The average human stomach is about the size of your two clenched fists.
Eat any more than this and you will set off uncomfortable.

Hint2.
From now till Friday, eat your biggest meal of the day at about 6 o'clock in the evening, with plenty of fibre with the carbs and protien. This will train your bowels to move on Sunday morning BEFORE the ride starts.

jimboalee

lukesdad said:
Or eat it at 4am and your bowels can work AFTER you ve ridden.xx(

Following this approach, your bowels may move while you are riding. :sad:

Anyways, do you really want to carry 2lb of S**T round the entire route with you? :smile::laugh:

Just do what the pros do and queue for the loo immediately after breakfast.

OP
OP
moxey

moxey

jimboalee said:

QUOTE]
Premier Inn near old trafford. Thought i'd read somewhere that the restaurant didn't open till 8 and that's when i'm starting the ride.

jimboalee

moxey;1321093][QUOTE=jimboalee said:

QUOTE]
Premier Inn near old trafford. Thought i'd read somewhere that the restaurant didn't open till 8 and that's when i'm starting the ride.

The answer to that is, as I've done a few times, is to visit the supermarket before checking in, and buy a bagful of do-nuts, pastries, Mr Kipling etc and take them to the Motel to have for breakfast.

And a bottle of Frijj. :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
fossyant said:
Make sure you are well hydrated the day before, pasta for tea.

Oats for supper and banana.

Breakfast more oats, tea orange, and keep hydrated before the start.

Whilst riding at least 500ml of energy drink per hour, and eat something every 10 miles - e.g. a slice of malt loaf, oat bar, banana.

This works for me on 100 mile rides.
Just been to Tesco for some malt loaf and Lucozade body fuel drink,also got some oat bar thingies,Oh and the Lucozade is conveniantly half price at the minute:biggrin:

Top Bottom