Which C£100+ airfryer ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My family are buying me one as a gift.
There is normally just me.
I want Simple/not complex.
I will have a look in Currys but any on here got good/bad experiences ?

DRM

Guru

AndyRM

XOXO
Ninja. Ironically I'd worked doing customer support in their call centre, never having seen one, let alone used one, so I had a very bad impression.

Now that I've actually used one (no idea which, they are much of a muchness), I have completely changed my mind. Turn it on, select the function and temperature, select the length of cooking time and you're away.

Much quieter than I expected too.

We have had 2 air fryers

First was a basic one - basket that you had to shake half way through
worked well but after a while, in spite of cleaning after every use - mostly in dishwasher - my wife started complaining about smells of stale fat whenever I used it - when I save "a while" I mean possibly 2 years or so
ended up only using it outside then gave up and chucked it
problems was easy to see - the air passage which takes the used hot air out of the fryer was coated in old fat - but couldn;t be cleaned because it was not accessible and the plastic bits around it were not removable.

next we got a Tefal air fryer - more expensive but stirred the contents as it went on - much more convenient and a bit better

same problem cropped up after about a year - probably because we were waiting for it - and same problem solving it - I could not get to the problem areas to clean them
In this case I had pretty much only cooked oven chips in it - whereas the previous one had been used for all sorts including raw veg with a "drizzle" of oil - I had been blaming the "drizzle" for the vaporised oil that had condensed in the exit passageway
in teh Tefal this was not true - the old fat had come from the actual food!

anyway - point was moot because the rear fan on it broke and it wasn;t worth trying to replace it because the "stale fat" problem was still going to be there

so now we have just gone back to using the oven

anyway - that is us
and - to be clear - my wife has a very sensitive sense of smell especially regarding fat and similar - so she is rather over sensitive compared to "normal " people

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Make sure you get a 2 drawer fryer.
You may think you don't need 2 drawers, but you will.

winjim

Smash the cistern

Yep, we've got this one and it's great. Although now I've been using it for a while I agree with this.

Make sure you get a 2 drawer fryer.
You may think you don't need 2 drawers, but you will.

What you lose in simplicity you gain in flexibility. I often end up having to use a pan or the oven as well as the air fryer when a two drawer one would let me do the lot.

Top Bottom