Which Carrera: TDF or Virtuoso? £80 difference.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c f

Halfords (online) is selling the Carrera TDF for £299. I like it, but I probably prefer (slightly) the Carrera Virtuoso, which is £379. I assume the Virtuoso has at least some better components than the TDF, but how superior is it really? This will be my first road bike, so I'm leaning towards the cheaper option. Is the Virtuoso worth the extra £80, though?

Thanks,
CF

I don't know anything about those bikes apart from they get pretty decent reviews in general, but for £299 have you had a look at THIS?

It gets excellent reviews in terms of VFM and a few CC'ers are now running them and are very happy with them.

OP
OP
C

c f

I don't know anything about those bikes apart from they get pretty decent reviews in general, but for £299 have you had a look at THIS?

It gets excellent reviews in terms of VFM and a few CC'ers are now running them and are very happy with them.

Thanks for the reply,

I have looked at that actually, and I won't count it out. However there are no stores anywhere near me. I'd really like to sit on it, see it in the flesh etc., before I buy. What is it exactly that makes it such good VFM? I have practically no idea what I'm looking out for.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
AFAIk the TDF has slightly bigger front chainrings so you might struggle on hillier routes but otherwise i think they are much of a muchness.I believe the tdf has rack mounts and the new virtuoso does not ?

As smokey says for £299 CCers love the triban 3 as it has the same basic components but has a carbon fork to take the sting out of the road buzz, in fact i think CC ought to get advertising revenue from the amount of custom we send to decathlon ^_^

Norm

We picked up a TdF for Small Norm 1 about a month ago. He's loving it so far, me not so much as he is as fast as me now. :giggle:

Top Bottom