What is your average speed range?

• 0-10mph

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 10-15mph

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • 15-20mph

Votes: 51 38.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm pretty much always in the 15-20mph bracket, unless I'm out of county & doing a particular hilly ride. This week I've done over 67 miles, average at 18mph, but with only just over 1000ft of climbing, it shows the speed is as much about the area as my ability :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
14-15 average due to the headwinds in West Norfolk. I was out at lunch time on a 12 mile sort of square route and had a headwind on each leg of about 12 -15 mph. Hows does that work or is it only in Norfolk...
Low winds here often turn with the tide as well as the sun. I only remember it working in my favour on one long ride over about twenty years of coastal cycling, but that was pretty wonderful: 80 miles out of a 100 loop with tailwinds :smile: Of course, 15 of the rest was "religious": bend down low and keep muttering the name of your god...

fted33

Low winds here often turn with the tide as well as the sun. I only remember it working in my favour on one long ride over about twenty years of coastal cycling, but that was pretty wonderful: 80 miles out of a 100 loop with tailwinds :smile: Of course, 15 of the rest was "religious": bend down low and keep muttering the name of your god...

3 years here and not had a tailwind yet, Will keep trying, and swearing to anyone or anything that will listen.

al78

Guru
Going to work, 10-15 mph.
Coming home from work, 10-15 mph (GMT), 15-20 mph (BST)
Local journeys, 15-20 mph moving average, I don't include waiting at the sh*tty traffic lights at the Bishopric, Horsham, which nearly ALWAYS go amber-red when I am 50 meters away, then I have to wait for the full sequence, and if I am the only one turning right, they might not change at all.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
14-15 average due to the headwinds in West Norfolk. I was out at lunch time on a 12 mile sort of square route and had a headwind on each leg of about 12 -15 mph. Hows does that work or is it only in Norfolk...
I hear you, out yesterday and against the headwind onthe flat at one point i was doing 12 mph

yeah it's the headwinds that put the averages down
was out yesterday with the wind blowing me the whole way down the road. the only thing i could think about was when i'd be turning back into it to get home :sad: >>>>>>:bicycle:

ade towell

Depends on terrain and distance
Local ride in Nottinghamshire up to 60 miles 15-20 (just), longer rides I tend to pace myself 10-15
Peak District never above 10-15
Mountain bike trails often below 10

Ascent

Loking at it I'm in the 15-20 bracket but dipping down into the 10-15 for longer rides which is actually better than I thought it would be.

Drago

Legendary Member
It really depends on the bike and what I'm up to. Assuming good, still conditions on tarmac I'm about 18-19 average on my Felt roadie, plummeting to 11 or 12 on my touring kitted Saracen, with my other bikes somewhere in between.

Top Bottom