Which Cycle Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grotbag

Hi,

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has a tacx I magic or a fortius tacx trainer.

There is a massive price difference between the two and I am wondering if the extra cost of the Fortius is worth it????

Thanks,

James

PS My first ever thread on here!

Noodley

Hi Grotbag. Hope you don't mind me asking - what are you wanting to achieve from the trainer? And what kind of level training will you be doing on it?

(edit - just seen your other threads on the topic as well - which thread do you want to use? It's a bit confusing trying to follow 3 threads on the same thing)

OP
OP
G

Grotbag

Fair point on the threads. Sorry new to the forum and got a bit carried away!

In terms of the training, I use cycling as a means of keeping my fitness at a high level. I windsurf a lot and take part in a racing discipline using Formula boards that take very big sails and require huge amounts of fitness. It will be no surpise that the GBR windsurf Olympic team used cycling as one of their main aerobic excercises. In a 35 mins race they burnt up to 800-1000 calories with their heart rate at 90% for this time. With 11 races in all, the GBR physio reckoned that they were two of the fittest GBR athletes at the games.

I regularly use a Concept II ergo during the week and am planning to use cycling as way of breaking up the routine. Sitting on an ergo every evening is not much fun! I recently took up cyclong about 6 months ago and love it! I try to ride every day, with longer rides at the weekend if there is no wind - today being a perfect example. We have the Surrey hills on our doorstep.

My girlfriend and I are keen to up our training over the winter, especially in the evenings and are looking to a turbo trainer to help with this. She is training for a few competitions as well. It looks like the VR trainers make it a little more interesting, not to mention a series of different traning plans.

Does this help in response to your question, or was there something more specific?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Top Bottom