England : London Which cycling club ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Portableaj

Basically I am think of joining a cycling club however I have no idea of which one to pick ? I know you guys are going to say find a local one however, my area is a grey spot for cycling clubs. The other thing is that I would like to join a club which does track cycling aswell as road cycling. Also I would like to join a club that doesn't have a benchmark for you to join i.e you need to beable to do 40miles with a certain average speed. Which club do you think would be good for me ? A club that doesn't require you to buy a britsh cycling membership would be good for me too.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You will never know until you go ride with a few different clubs and talk to them. Or at least shoot them an email, or talk to them via facebook/twitter.

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

You will never know until you go ride with a few different clubs and talk to them. Or at least shoot them an email, or talk to them via facebook/twitter.
Just been looking at more clubs and a lot of them are good but they require a britsh cycling memebership to join which puts me off from joining.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Just been looking at more clubs and a lot of them are good but they require a britsh cycling memebership to join which puts me off from joining.

I have never come across a club that stipulates you must have BC membership to join. However many clubs will recommend it for insurance reasons, it makes sense. If you are a prospective road racer you will need BC membership (at least silver level) to buy a full racing license.

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

What's wrong with that then? Buy membership and you get 3rd party insurance thrown in.
I have never come across a club that stipulates you must have BC membership to join. However many clubs will recommend it for insurance reasons, it makes sense. If you are a prospective road racer you will need BC membership (at least silver level) to buy a full racing license.
The big ones like VCL and the Dulwich Pendragon require you to have a membership. I know VCL require one for club runs. And its the pinciple or paying for a membership remember. I my self arent made of money. There are also other I need to get and it all totals up.

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

The other members aren't made of money either, your BC membership protects you and them!
You have a good point and apart from the one with pricey bikes. And I know it there to protect me but it should be optional as for some people £40 is a lot of money.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
You may not have the money but you need the insurance in this day and age just to ride, remember if you have an accident at any time on your bike involving someone else they may want to take action against you so you have to have some insurance cover, club or not, it's a wise idea.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
I used the TFL13 code the other day and got 10% off, then paid by direct debit and got another 10% off so it came to £21. Not bad really for what you get :smile:

Top Bottom