Which cycling gloves to buy?(for women)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anonymous1502

It has gotten so cold that I can't feel my hands when cycling so I think I need to get gloves that will keep my hands warm. Can anyone recommend me some gloves? Does wearing gloves effect your grasp of the handlebars?

vickster

Legendary Member
It has gotten so cold that I can't feel my hands when cycling so I think I need to get gloves that will keep my hands warm. Can anyone recommend me some gloves? Does gloves effect your grasp of the handlebars?
Gloves are padded and non slip. A bit different to wearing mitts as thicker but I’ve never noticed issues.
How much do you want to spend? Do you need to be waterproof? Windproof are good. How cold will it be when you ride?
Velovixen should have a selection to choose from. I got some sealskinz from them in the sale.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

Gloves are padded and non slip. A bit different to wearing mitts as thicker but I’ve never noticed issues.
How much do you want to spend? Do you need to be waterproof? Windproof are good. How cold will it be when you ride?
Velovixen should have a selection to choose from. I got some sealskinz from them in the sale.
I am not sure about the budget, I just want good gloves that will keep me warm, they don't need to be waterproof as I don't cycle in the rain. I want them for weather like this (6 degrees+with cold wind) I will look at velovixen thank you for your help.

GoldenLamprey

Gore-Tex Infinium at SigmaSports, if you run fairly warm. I've got the unpadded ones, and love them. Windproof is the key, but 6C is probably the lower limit. They are amazingly thin, so also useful as liners under other gloves.
Like Julia, I've found liner gloves have a massive impact, silk in my case, under my proper winter gloves.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am not sure about the budget, I just want good gloves that will keep me warm, they don't need to be waterproof as I don't cycle in the rain. I want them for weather like this (6 degrees+with cold wind) I will look at velovixen thank you for your help.
I think you should be able to find something for under £35.
decathlon also do decent winter gloves a bit cheaper eg https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/rr-900-thermal-cycling-gloves/_/R-p-305623?mc=8530331&c=BLACK

Top Bottom