Which Dream bike for xmas ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I wondered how I'd missed this thread then I saw the pre-resurection date.

Anyhow, from Flying_Monkey's links, this Vanilla Randonneur would be a natural bedfellow for my Woodrup Chimera.

4.jpg

6943907621_c20dd7c8ee.jpg

See what I mean?

I wish I hadn't found this thread......

hoopdriver

Guru
I am lucky enough to have my dream bike - a bespoke classic lugged-steel randonneur built by Mark Reilly at Enigma; absolutely love it. And kitted out just the way I always wanted: Phil Woods hubs on Ambrosio rims, Phil Woods BB, TA Zephyr crankset and TA pedals, Chris King headset, Gilles Berthoud stainless steel mudguards painted to match the frame, Gilles Berthoud rack and handlebar bag, Nitto noodle handlebars and Gilles Berthoud leather tape etc. etc...

thom

____
My current aspiration now is for a Legend, something Carbon but today my head was turned by something dreamy beyond comprehension: An English TT bike

English_Cycles_002_2618.jpg

Would require persistent work on one's flexibility to get that low but it looks like something for a Mad Max film. I think I need a cold shower

PaulB

Legendary Member
Bianchi.jpg

This one for me. I feel part emotional/part randy when I see this beauty. She's the bike equivalent of Jessica Ennis or Marion Cottilard for me.

jim55

Guru
I would go down to Woodrups in Kirkstall.

Thats all folks .

What a bike that would be .But i would need the lottery money .

It's a dream of mine to have a custom built Woodrup .

Who knows i'm only 60 .Still have a chance .
its not custom built (well it was but not for me )
016.jpg

010.jpg

HovR

Über Member
Mine would have to be a top of the range steel bike, with a modern groupset and beautiful paint job.

Either something like a Colagno Master X-Light:

colnago_master_pr82.jpg

Either that or a custom frame by Mercian (a few people the club have them, and they're very nice) with fancy, possibly chromed lugs.

Top Bottom