Which Dream bike for xmas ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ventoux50

So Christmas day is looming on the horizon, you've won the lottery and are going to treat yourself to that dream bike you've always promised yourself . . . . . . so tell us all, what will you have ?

No expense spared, as bling and high tech as you like, the ultimate Sunday pose machine ?

postman

Legendary Member
I would go down to Woodrups in Kirkstall.

Thats all folks .

What a bike that would be .But i would need the lottery money .

It's a dream of mine to have a custom built Woodrup .

Who knows i'm only 60 .Still have a chance .

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I would go down to Woodrups in Kirkstall.

Thats all folks .

What a bike that would be .But i would need the lottery money .

It's a dream of mine to have a custom built Woodrup .

Who knows i'm only 60 .Still have a chance .
I had one in 1971.

Cherry red with a white panel on the set-tube, half chrome forks and stays, chrome fork crown and gold lined lugs. From memory I think it cost me 29 quid. Barry Hoban used to get his frames built by Woodrup and sprayed in team colours.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Triumph Speed Triple SE! And a nice bicycle
cool.gif

longers

Legendary Member
A recumbent trike of some description, would have to investigate them as I don't know much about the various models but do know I'd love one.

Iain p

full_625_3.jpg
Delta 7 Ascend :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

My dream bike a year ago would have been a Specialized drop-bar road bike in the £1000 bracket. I can't get comfy on drops now though, so I'd go for a flat bar equivalent.

In truth, I'm happy with my Trek 3700 and Subway 1 nowadays. :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm not sure I have a dream bike. I have a winter bike, and a summer bike, and a tourer I have hardly used, and a trike I've used loads and love.

My n+1 is a Brompton - but that's a very practical sort of desire, as it's the type of bike I don't have, but would see a use for.

Could I have a garage instead? Here, at the flat, instead of a share of one across town. With light and electrics and heat, and maybe even some hardwearing carpet, and all the tools I'd need (for bike fettling, DIY or craft stuff), hung up on a board with lines drawn round them, and a chest of drawers containing all the nuts and bolts and widgets required for any job I might attempt?

Could I have a garage instead? Here, at the flat, instead of a share of one across town. With light and electrics and heat, and maybe even some hardwearing carpet, and all the tools I'd need (for bike fettling, DIY or craft stuff), hung up on a board with lines drawn round them, and a chest of drawers containing all the nuts and bolts and widgets required for any job I might attempt?

Yes, same here - it would make messing with the bikes a lot more fun. I have a shed 'shared' with garden equipment and that doesn't encourage spending any longer than is necessary ministering to them. Garage isn't going to happen any time soon in my case.

Top Bottom