Advent Calendars - Do you? If so which ones?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
It's that time of year again. Christmas stuff is appearing in the shops.
Being an organised husband I have started looking at a nice advert calendar for my wife.

I thought it might be a fun thing to compare notes?

Are you are cheap choccy type or an expensive perfumes type? Do you go for alcohol or Lego? Does it really boil your p*** when you see "12 day Advent calendars" and think how the (^&(&(*&(* can that possibly work - are you confusing Advent with the 12 days of Christmas?

Usually I go beauty - quite often Rituals but they got stupidly expensive last year. Haven't decided yet on this year although I note that the Premium Rituals Calendar is £186 and the Deluxe £120. Think I'll be avoiding that again...

Then of course there is the look - I liked the Rituals one because it makes a lovely Christmas decoration...

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
Mrs stephec is a Body Shop at Home consultant and they do three different price levels, usually it works out at something like 65% of the rrp of all the individual items, handy if you like everything that's in there.

I had a beer one a few years ago that didn't turn up until the 11th of December, it was a lovely time playing catch up. 😅🍻

roley poley

Über Member
have bought the chocky ones before but found the kids ate them all along with the chocky baubles for the xmas tree and it was only November!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've got a pork scratchings one the past few years. Thing is you get a bit bored with your daily scratchings after a while and end up with a backlog to munch through.

Slick

Guru
-obmNQApLou55hKpLyH5rYujmn-mcLP81JnXbwrlPZg.png

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nope.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Are you are cheap choccy type or an expensive perfumes type? Do you go for alcohol or Lego?

Usually I go beauty - quite often Rituals but they got stupidly expensive last year. Haven't decided yet on this year although I note that the Premium Rituals Calendar is £186 and the Deluxe £120. Think I'll be avoiding that again...
The things one learns on CC!
I honestly didn't know you could get Advent calendars other than chocolate filled :laugh:
Such expensive stuff too!
I don't buy advent calendars nor do I gift them.
Last time I was given one was probably at the age of 10.

Top Bottom