Which E-Assist For 2009 QNT?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

Ooh, that's a long slog. Small ring and play through the bigger cogs on the back for me....

My QNT is geared ok so it's not a problem to push through the pedals but it's a long slow process to get up that hill every time and not the most fun way to start every single ride. :biggrin:

l rode the I.O..W randonee 3 times many years ago , The black gang chine long hill was the worst I can remember.
Now living in Peacehaven we have a 1800 feet (minimum ) accumutive climb on every ride.
Only choice is move .
That's why we have e-assist :bravo:

Gorweddol

Regular
The beggar that goes from Clarence Road all the way up through Victoria Grove.

For me gearing has always been one of the essential factors for an enjoyable ride whichever bike you are on. I changed the rear cassette on my trike to the Shimano mega range. In low gear I have cycled a 16% hill, emittingly slowly, but then on a trike you get use to slower. A rear cassette change would be a lot less expensive and if you still feel the need for e\assist you won’t have broken the bank.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A cassette change is not likely to be straightforward. The Q uses a Capreo cassette to get the 9T sprocket, so the hub will only take a Capreo cassette. I think, IIRC, the ICE one is specific to them to get the range?
You can always have a new wheel built around a Shimano hub, but watch the dishing as it's not standard.

Top Bottom