Which Edinburgh Cycling Club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amir

Über Member
I go in from Dalkeith myself. I haven't been with them for a while as I have been recovering from an accident, plus holiday and rides with others.

You could try emailing info at porto-velo.com .

Thanks Amir, I would aim at meeting the group in the middle of the ride as it would be too much and too early for me to get to the meeting point.

U

User33236

Holy thread resurrection! :laugh:

I'm moving to Edinburgh in 6 weeks. Has much changed from the information above regarding the clubs in the area?

Looking at the map Ronde CC is likely going to be my closest.

Ronde is very welcoming and very active. Their Saturday clubruns are particularly well attended and offer a good choice of speeds and distance over about 5 groups. Not sure if any of their members ride TT's but quite a few ride road races and cross.
Other options, ERC, Musselburgh RCC to the east, West Lothian Clarion to the west.

There's also a few informal clubs, not clubs at all really, that organise themselves over the internet and meet up for weekly rides. I know of two, Pentland Velo who I believe start their rides from Craigdon Mountain Sports near Swanston and Dalmeny 801 who start from Dalmeny train station just out of South Queensferry. There may be others.

Jimidh

Veteran
There's also a few informal clubs, not clubs at all really, that organise themselves over the internet and meet up for weekly rides. I know of two, Pentland Velo who I believe start their rides from Craigdon Mountain Sports near Swanston and Dalmeny 801 who start from Dalmeny train station just out of South Queensferry. There may be others.

This is correct - know lads who ride with both.

Also Portovelo is one of my favourite club names.

Alex1982

People use ronde for training purposes, the 930 group is very socialable and the 920 group is as well.

You should try the Wednesday morning ride as well.

Top Bottom