Which electric car now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
The NHS changed their lease car goal posts before making a pole star 2 order. Maybe it’s because the national living minimum wage has increased. Although we can no longer get this there’s loads of other stuff been added on that we can.
I’m torn between the VW ID4 and the top level Cupra born. What would you chose & why?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not sure i would be buying an ev vehicle yet until the UK has a better reliable charging network .

A company engineer who comes in to us reasonably often got his new company car, the Mustang Mach E, about a month ago and is already regretting the decision.

It was ok for his needs until the recent cold weather, when the indicated range was 100 miles down the usual the moment he stepped into it in the morning. Our hospital doesn’t yet have any EV charging points so he gets range anxiety coming to us.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have to admit to knowing nothing about electric cars and was intrigued as to what a electric Mustang would look like so googled it. I guess the name has huge cache going back to Steve McQueen. It's a monstrosity. Who on earth designed it?

88E4DE9C-5EA6-4382-B584-C6EAC37DC685.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I have to admit to knowing nothing about electric cars and was intrigued as to what a electric Mustang would look like so googled it. I guess the name has huge cache going back to Steve McQueen. It's a monstrosity. Who on earth designed it?

Don’t know but they are about 70 grand and more with all extras. Ugly status symbol.

It’s a travesty it got the Mustang name. Even the engineer who has it admits that.

Fastpedaller

A company engineer who comes in to us reasonably often got his new company car, the Mustang Mach E, about a month ago and is already regretting the decision.

It was ok for his needs until the recent cold weather, when the indicated range was 100 miles down the usual the moment he stepped into it in the morning. Our hospital doesn’t yet have any EV charging points so he gets range anxiety coming to us.

Range anxiety was first noticed during the Battle of Agincourt, and is becoming more prevalent again in modern times :wacko:

midlife

Guru
The NHS changed their lease car goal posts before making a pole star 2 order. Maybe it’s because the national living minimum wage has increased. Although we can no longer get this there’s loads of other stuff been added on that we can.
I’m torn between the VW ID4 and the top level Cupra born. What would you chose & why?

Just curious, is this the salary sacrifice scheme?

Slick

Guru
I must admit, I'm really keen myself to get one but just can't bring myself to do it yet as I still reckon we are in beta max territory with these things.

I'm starting a new role with the same company in February and either I pick a car, of which EV is an option plus whatever the tax implications are for a fairly low mileage user, or pick up just shy of 6k per annum plus expenses for using my own motor.

A bird in the hand and all that. :becool:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

A friend has a Porsche Taycan Sportcross - driving it hard in cooler weather and the range is just around 80 miles - crazy.

Top Bottom