Which EV would you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Moderator
Location
The TerrorVortex
Just done the deed on a MG ZS long range.
30000 miles, just passed the first MOT, £13495.
IMG-20261006-WA0000.jpeg
 

Milzy

Legendary Member
EV talk. I’ve seen people with no driveways using a cable across the path which is illegal. I’ve seen anti trip covers fitted over Some.
This still seems to be illegal as you need a gully underneath the pavement level.
I keep hearing idiots say we can never 100% be EV because of flats etc. I’m sure councils will develop hubs in future infrastructure.
Are they doing enough, it doesn’t look like it to me. Some fool I work with just bought a brand new petrol just because he has no driveway. .
 

Gunk

Guru
Location
Oxford
The new Jaguar 01 looks really nice, imo. Not that I'll be breaking into the kids inheritance to buy one.

I’m sure they’ll be cheap(ish) leasing deals on them as long as you don’t actually want to drive it!

My neighbour has a 65k Audi A6 on the drive and it never seems to go anywhere, I was chatting to him a while ago and he told me that they have to be careful as the lease agreement is only 5000 miles a year. At least it looks nice outside his house! 😂
 

Milzy

Legendary Member
They keep telling us we are driving microwaves and EMF will give us health problems.
Funny how this has been tested with readings of 0. The batteries will be shielded.
The wireless router on 24/7 in the home is going to be more of an issue if anything.
 

ivegotabike

Well-Known Member
My Toyota, original delivery date 15 Sep, then 22 Sep, then 7 Oct, has not arrived. No peep from the supplying dealer or leaseco on it today...
 

Buck

Guru
Location
Yorkshire
EV talk. I’ve seen people with no driveways using a cable across the path which is illegal. I’ve seen anti trip covers fitted over Some.
This still seems to be illegal as you need a gully underneath the pavement level.
I keep hearing idiots say we can never 100% be EV because of flats etc. I’m sure councils will develop hubs in future infrastructure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ck054g2mj6neo
 

ivegotabike

Well-Known Member
The delivery date for the Toyota Urban Cruiser that I ordered on 3 August as an "in stock" vehicle is now looking a bit more certain.

It was originally 15 Sep, then 22 Sep, then 7 Oct and now 16 Oct.

The difference is that I have now spoken to someone at the dealership. They have the car and it just needs to be registered, then it is good to go.

"Reprogramming the display system"
"Recall for power steering"

Were the causes of the delay.

Which isn't the best start to things.

It looks like I have also managed to arrange for my current leased Zoe to be collected on the same day. 🤞
 

Gunk

Guru
Location
Oxford
The delivery date for the Toyota Urban Cruiser that I ordered on 3 August as an "in stock" vehicle

The lease companies over sell these “stock” vehicle, however for us it worked for our advantage, the pre-registered 2024 Cupra Born we ordered, ended up arriving as a brand new 2025 MY car With a load of improvements.
 

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Location
Hexleybeef
I’m sure they’ll be cheap(ish) leasing deals on them as long as you don’t actually want to drive it!

My neighbour has a 65k Audi A6 on the drive and it never seems to go anywhere, I was chatting to him a while ago and he told me that they have to be careful as the lease agreement is only 5000 miles a year. At least it looks nice outside his house! 😂

That’s nuts.
It’s less than 100 miles a week.
 
Top Bottom