Which exercise bike: JTX Cyclo Studio or NordicTrack GX 3.9?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrDrizzle

Hello everyone,
First poster here. :smile: I'm looking to buy an exercise bike for me and my partner and am hoping for some community input.
We have no need of screens and subscriptions, but would like the best possible build quality for our budget, around £800. We plan on using it to maintain fitness during winter months, so it will need to withstand intense use! Ideally, it would also be quite quiet, since we've two young kids at home.
I came across these 2 options which look good, and wondered what the community think of them? I'm tending towards the JTX because, although double the price, it has a heavier flywheel, which from reading seems to be important.

1. JTX Cyclo Studio, £789, 25kg flywheel
2. NordicTrack GX 3.9, £499, 18kg flywheel

Or are there other, better options within my budget?
Many thanks! :smile:
Andrew

CXRAndy

Guru
A word of guidance, exercise bikes no matter the quality, become for most people, boring.

Its the lack of interactive element that crushes enthusiasm.

Better option is to buy a Wattbike Pro used for ~£1k join Zwift, Bkool, or Bigringvr. Or buy a cheap wheel on turbo and use bikes.

If you're set on an exercise bike get one that has magnetic resistance not friction. Also see it has built in exercise programs to help stave off boredom.

Been there done it, so speaking from experience

Hello everyone,
First poster here. :smile: I'm looking to buy an exercise bike for me and my partner and am hoping for some community input.
We have no need of screens and subscriptions, but would like the best possible build quality for our budget, around £800. We plan on using it to maintain fitness during winter months, so it will need to withstand intense use! Ideally, it would also be quite quiet, since we've two young kids at home.
I came across these 2 options which look good, and wondered what the community think of them? I'm tending towards the JTX because, although double the price, it has a heavier flywheel, which from reading seems to be important.

Andrew

You can pick these up second hand but like new for a lot less, my mate offered me his one when he bought a smart trainer for nothing and I turned it down as I find them boring.

They do make good clothes horses though!

GM

Legendary Member
Hello everyone,

Andrew

:welcome:.... If it's any help I've got the JTX Cyclo 6, which is a great piece of kit recommended to me by a couple of people on here. The only downside is there's no drinks holder, but I've customised an old bottle holder to fit. Enjoy which ever you get!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hello everyone,

Andrew
We have two JTX bikes have fitted sensors to both of them, Nice pieces of kit, they are so quiet. we are just in the process of connecting them to zwift,

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
@DrDrizzle You may be better off asking on a gym bunnies forum. By far the majority of indoor training folk on this forum will be using smart trainers or smart bikes. Like others have mentioned it takes a special kind of person to enjoying using one of these machines with no interactive components, most of us enjoy the interactive elements of terrain/power changes and the possibility to race.

Top Bottom