which Films/Shows/events have you queued for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
My work colleague is going to see Phantom of the opera this weekend,I remember the huge queues down the haymarket for tickets/entry in the 80's when it first opened.what have you queued to get into??I can only remember waiting in a queue to see Jaws when i was a kid.you never get a queue at the cinema anymore with advanced seat booking!

Vidor06

Long term loafer
I queued overnight for tickets for U2 in 1992.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep,
also had to queue for Jaws. The original Star Wars movie also..didn't get in the first night so had to go back the second.

BearPear

Veteran
When I was 14 (1981) I was dragged out of bed at stupid o'clock when my dad took me to Manchester to queue for Springsteen tickets for The River tour. He needed 2 people as there was a 2 tickets per person limit and he wanted 4 tickets!

Having been raised on Springsteen, it's no surprise that I'm a huge fan now!

The day after my A levels finished ie my last exam, my dad dragged me out of bed v early, drove me to liverpool and made me queue up for our family passports which were needed to go on a family holiday the following week. There had been a strike at the passport office and so there were queues around the building and lots of passports were stuck in the system. I was there for 8 hours, totally pee'd off.

I've also queued to get into countless clubs.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
Kirstie said:
The day after my A levels finished ie my last exam, my dad dragged me out of bed v early, drove me to liverpool and made me queue up for our family passports which were needed to go on a family holiday the following week. There had been a strike at the passport office and so there were queues around the building and lots of passports were stuck in the system. I was there for 8 hours, totally pee'd off.

I've also queued to get into countless clubs.

Oh you reminded me about getting a visa at the US embassy (when you needed one) "come back at 4pm" i was told.they tell everyone "come back at 4pm" and then opened a small hatch window leaving everyone to queue in the rain to get your passport back !!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Queued from 5:30 pm overnight for tickets for Ipswich Town V Barnsley championship play off final May 2000. It was a great day :bravo:;):cheers::biggrin::cheers::biggrin::biggrin:

D-Rider

I also failed to get into Star Wars the first time we queued up and had to go and queue again the next day.

Round about the same time we queued to see Superman as well. You'll really believe a man can fly, apparently.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Banksy ... about 4 + hours. But I felt that was part of the whole experience anyway! (you would be depressed if you thought otherwise).

I've queued for other things too ... sales ... I remember when we were just about to buy our first house and we needed a fridge going and queueing outside the John Lewis sale to get one.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Nothing apart from the odd bus. Never. Ever. I refuse to, on principle. Especially anything which is supposedly "noteworthy". ;) If it's worth my attention, I will go in my own good time. If it's closed by then, they can fack orft :biggrin:

Top Bottom