Which Gloves in warm weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jethro10

Über Member
In winter, big padded gloves.

But in summer what do most MTB'ers wear?
Thinner full fingered jobs, or what is perceived to be more road style I guess, fingerless
I find I'm fingerless, but get a bit too much rub.
I'm scared to go full fingered cos of over heating

Jeff

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I am a bit of a skinflint and have two pairs of ASDA Bell gloves. One pair is intact, the other has the fingers cut off.

zizou

Veteran
I wear specialized bg gel full finger (most comfortable gloves i've had) or 661 raji even in the summer, dont have problems overheating compared to just wearing mitts. Have even taken to even wearing full finger when on the road bike in the summer.

Muddy Ground

Full finger leather gardening gloves. I look a dork, and they are warm, but I don't get cut by brambles on my hands any more.... Plus they are dead cheap! Fingerless gloves are a bit too roadie for me, and every cycling specific glove I've ever had falls apart after a few months.

www.muddyground.blogspot.com

Bicycle

In any weather that won't cause my fingers to drop off, I use Santini fingerless road gloves on an MTB.

Similarly, in cold weather I use gert big thick, lovely, toasty padded, insulated MTB gloves in cold weather on my road bike.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I have found that all three of my mitts (Aldi, Altura, no-name market stall pecials) have a seam that runs between my thumb and forefinger, leaving a blister on the webbing after about half an hour of technical stuff. I got a freebie pair of thin full-fingered gloves by Kona, and whaddaya know? No seam, no blisters. Cubesters 661 gloves are the same... thin, light, no blisters.

So, long distance, not much gear-changing or wrestling the bars, fingerless,

technical, lots of gear changing and wrestling, full fingered Kona freebie thingies.

hotmetal

I'm with Cubist - the main area for attention is the bit between thumb and forefinger. For the same reason, I like thin full fingered gloves rather than fingerless, even in summer. The fingerless ones always end up getting wrinkled and chafe the base of my thumbs.

tradesecrets

I will never wear gloves cycling in hot sunny weather ... epic fail !!!!

I only wear gloves if it's raining /snowing ...

Muddy Ground

+1 for trying them on first; I'm not a big bloke, but in Evan's the other day I put on a pair of XL gloves and struggled to get them off again.

MG

Top Bottom