Which gps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
arent they confusing.

I need speed, cadence and heart rate. That's the easy bit!

When it come to navigation, I'm happy to create a course to follow rather than have on the fly mapping. Which model do I need?

Which is better, bryton or garmin.

Am I right that it's garmin 800 minimum for actual navigation?

MikeW-71

Veteran
Garmin 500 or 510

800 and above for actual mapping, but you have to buy the maps as an extra. The Touring Plus has the maps already and can also connect to ANT+ sensors.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
The Bryton units work OK (I had a Bryton 50 for a while), but tech support from Bryton is non existent. The batteries eventually failed (after less than 12 months) and it was returned to Wiggle for a refund.

I've now got a Garmin touring and on the whole it's a much better device (and better support so far too).

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Must admit now looking to get something better than my 200, keeping an eye on the bay for 2nd hand Garmin 705.

zacklaws

Guru
I use an 800 when the emphasis is on training and I'm within about 75 miles from home, but if I venture far from home or long distance and navigation is the priority, I cannot depend on the 800's navigation so I use a Garmin Dakota 20 which also has heart rate and cadence

spiderman2

Über Member
I use Garmin 500 and Garmin tourer. Find them both usefull and had them a few years, still the same battery used every day

Jimidh

Veteran
I'm planning in upgrading from a Garmin 500 to either the 810 or 1000 - mainly for the navigation functions.

What are the benefits of the 1000 over the 810 and is it worth the extra cash?

Top Bottom