Which Hybrid Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chewyshaun

Hi
I am new to biking, just looking for something that I can use on the road mainly, may commute to work which is a couple of miles away.
I am 6ft 1 so looking at approx 21 inch frame
Looks like a hybrid is the best option but which one to get, looking to spend £250 to £350, cheaper the better but I dont want to buy cheap buy twice

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
What sort of terrain other than roads will you be covering? All hybrids are not created equal - some are essentially road bikes with flat bars, others are more like mountain bikes with chunkier tyres and even front suspension

Are you planning on commuting in all weathers? Have you budgeted for all the kit- lights, lock, jacket etc?

Have you considered second hand to get more for your cash?

Not that I have the perfect bike for sale... ;)

OP
OP
C

chewyshaun

It would be on the road all the time unless I hit any wooded areas on holiday which I don't plan to. Don't mind a second hand bike provided it could be posted as I have no bike rack as yet. Just need a feel of suitable makes and models.

vickster

Legendary Member
It would be on the road all the time unless I hit any wooded areas on holiday which I don't plan to. Don't mind a second hand bike provided it could be posted as I have no bike rack as yet. Just need a feel of suitable makes and models.

Where are you based? I have an ad in the For Sale Classifieds

Ride

Get one of the Trek FX series hybrids ( looks like the UK site hasn't updated to the 2013 models like the USA site). The 7.0 FX is £300 and you can get as fancy as you like all the way up to the carbon frame 2013 7.7 FX.

I commute on a 2012 Trek 7.5 FX Disc and absolutely love it. Someone at my office just purchased a 7.1 FX. My gym trainer purchased a 7.3 FX a month or so ago. Never had any problems with it for the year I've had it. Odometer reads 4100km and I put it in the shop today for an annual strip and grease and other preventative maintenance. Can't go wrong with a Trek, I say.

Ride

Top Bottom