Which Hybrid Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickMiller

Hi

I am about to buy a hybrid bike and wondered if anyone can advise me. I do a lot of cycling on country lanes which are good surfaces so am thinking of getting a decent hybrid. looking to spend about £500?

I am about 17stone in weight so need to consider this and about 6" 3.

Lots of the bikes seem to have different wheel sizes as well? Any advice on which to get.

I have seen a Scott Sub 20 bike which looks good from evans cycles in Spitalfield market. Any advice on this one?

Thanks

Nick

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hi Nick,
I'm not current with modern hybrids but I know that the Specialized Sirrus is usually well rated. I bought a Spesh Crossroads Cruz (the forerunner of the Sirrus) about 10 years ago :smile: and have covered many miles on it - on roads, cycle paths, canal towpaths and some light off-roading - when it rattled a bit did the job :angry: I'm 6' 3" too - but not as heavy

There might be something more on another thread if you want to dig around a bit. Cycling Plus mag might have done a test on hybrids recently IIRC.

Happy hunting - and ride lots of bikes before you buy !

Maz

Guru
Another vote for the Sirrus. I have the Sirrus Elite. Light, fast & responsive. Well worth a test ride.

Top Bottom