Which hybrid bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I would like to buy a bike that I can ride both in the park and on the street. That's why I chose a hybrid. Unfortunately I do not know much about bicycles, not to mention brands. Can anyone help me with the best buy? I can spend around £ 300.

I am interested in having a bike with trunk and fenders. I will be cycling an hour daily to and from work. Also I would like to start cycling routinely on weekends.

Many thanks,
Vigo

you've a lot of things to consider but a decent fit is probably the most important thing.

where are you in the world and what options shop wise are open to you.

you could consider second hand to get a better bike (albeit maybe slightly used) have a look in the for sale section on the site.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome Vigo. You and your profile don't tell us where you are but from your terminology it looks like you're in the US. Perhaps you could just confirm that detail then we can help you better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vigo

I have updated my profile.
I live in Broxbourne, United Kingdom. It is small town near North London. From next month I will be cycling to work and I want to buy a good quality bike. I think the new bike bought through a cyclescheme will be the best option.

I have updated my profile.
I live in Broxbourne, United Kingdom. It is small town near North London. From next month I will be cycling to work and I want to buy a good quality bike. I think the new bike bought through a cyclescheme will be the best option.
Welcome along.

At that sort of budget level I'd recommend one of these two bikes.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...goryId=165534&productId=1246231&storeId=10001

Or

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/riverside-900-hybrid-bike-id_8379018.html

You get more bike for your money with the Decathlon / Riverside bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
See what your local shops have to offer. You don't need suspension for what you describe. If you have a Whyte dealer closeby look at the R7 range, they start around £500 which might be affordable on C2

By the way, ask for mudguards and a pannier rack and panniers in the U.K. :smile:

Levo-Lon

Guru
This type of bike
1472650684788.jpg

Top Bottom