Which Hybrid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Wizz

Über Member
I have a boardman 2014 hybrid its well built and does a good job,but after buying my Orbea Orca in November i swore to all my mates i would never ride the Boardman again, i took the boardman out in the rain on saturday the first time in 6 months and was not surprised at the slower pace after jumping off the race bike the most positive thing i took from the ride was the disc brakes,discs and DI2 are the way forward for me.

The Boardmans are great value.

JMAG

Über Member
Nothing wrong with alivio gears in my experience. Sure it wasn't the set up?
I think mine was made on a Friday afternoon. I'm quite capable of adjusting gears and took it back to the shop twice. First time they said it was probably just the dirt (from 2 days wet commuting although cleaned overnight) 2nd time they said it was fine. I told them a friends Sora gearset was much smoother and they said that Sora is several levels better than Alivio (BS). The SiS 10 speed on my old Raleigh was on a par with the Trek.

I couldn't be bothered to pursue it and the handling was poor anyway. I broke a phone mount because the vibration was so bad and it even switched my rear light off on one occasion (iin the dark). Just as well I had a 2nd light on my rucksack.

david k

Hi
Cross bike with mudguards sounds like a good idea. A cross/MTB hybrid may do it if you prefer to sit up.
I find I sit up more on my CX than my hybrid, although I like the wider grip at times, feels like I have more control

Not that one is better than the other just different

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
I would suggest the Giant Escape range for below this price range.
I have the Giant Escape Disc and it is one of the best hybrids I have ridden. Lovely feel, quick and stable on a range of surfaces.
I got mine in a Wiggle sale for below £500

Top Bottom