Which inner tube to buy? (for road bike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I use anything, Decathlon own brand are fine.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don’t like Continental at all, the valve cores can come loose and fly out, extremely annoying if it happens outside and the core goes awol, necessitating another tube change!
schwalbe or Michelin usually for me, but Halfords own are ok. Wilko ones are rubbish tho!

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I rarely buy anything other than halford inners as I reckon the tyre is much more important. :okay:

The best inner tubes are the ones I use. Continental, Schwalbe, Halfords, Specialized. I have used them on my bikes and they are as reliable as each other. I believe a couple of my bikes have even had mismatched tubes depending on what I had in the shed.

Don't over think it.

Last edited:

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I would say look for the the least expensive "branded" ones... whichever brand they are.
I've know cheapy ones to have the valve pull away from the tube after a short time.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Whatever are on offer, although I generally stick to known names so I've got a mix of Michelin, Continental and Schwalbe in my wheels and on my garage shelf. Places like Wiggle often have a twin or even a triple pack of the known names heavily discounted.

Top Bottom