Which ladies' hybrid bike should I buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona K

Hi. I am new to cycling, and would really appreciate advice on which ladies hybrid bike would be best for me. I am quite petite, so want the most lightweight one possible. I want it to be comfy, too. I thought I should buy a Ridgeback Velocity, but is it heavy? Would the Trek 7.1 FX be better for me? Or the Carrera Subway 2? Or anything else? I am a bit confused, as you can probably tell. I want it for general riding on roads and cycle paths. I don't want to spend more than I have to. Thanks for any advice whatsoever. :wacko:

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi fiona
dont know those other bikes ...but last year got my g/f trek7100 poss the 7.1fx is the 2010 model but she thinks it great.. and this is from a girl who said
you will never get me on a bike.. try and test first

larry

Helly79

Hi Fiona welcome to the forum, the carrera subway 2 are quite good a friend of mine has one, I went with the carrera fury 16" as I wanted front suspension for when i go off road and i have brought city jets for my daily commuter, and road cycling.
n19fd4.jpg

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hi

Welcome to the forum. I'm 5"1 so understand your challenges!!

My first decent bike was a Dawes Discovery 201. I had a step-through frame which made getting on much easier, and a 17" frame. I utterly loved it. It was about 200 quid when I bought it 6 years ago and I thought it was fantastic value for money. I used it loads for cycling round London where I lived and also took it to Europe a number of times for tours up to a week, including through the hills of Bavaria. It did me proud, so I can really recommend it.

The husband had a Subway Carrera and it was a great bike but very heavy (we called it the Tank). If you're small, check the weight of the bikes as that makes a massive difference to how much you enjoy riding it.

Top Bottom