Which length seat post needed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

Do you mean 'stem' or 'seatpost' - they are two different items.

Assuming you mean seatpost - just measure how much of your current post is still sitting in the seat tube? And then work out whether you would be ok with a 300 or not. Alternatively, simply look elsewhere for a 350.

Incidentally, why are you changing the seatpost?

I'm guessing its perhaps the setback rather than the length your wanting to look at. FWIW my post has zero set back.

I think he's asking about the length. He already knows he wants a zero setback post. The question is whether or not he will get away with a 300 mm post, I think - which got answered in the response from S-Express. Case closed.

BB

I think he's asking about the length. He already knows he wants a zero setback post. The question is whether or not he will get away with a 300 mm post, I think - which got answered in the response from S-Express. Case closed.

BB
Yip I thought he was asking initially about the length too, but Rusty now says his post sits too far back; the length won't change that (assuming its set up at the comfortable/practical height) there'll just be more post in the seat tube only the set back will affect that.

Yip I thought he was asking initially about the length too, but Rusty now says his post sits too far back; the length won't change that (assuming its set up at the comfortable/practical height) there'll just be more post in the seat tube only the set back will affect that.

He *is* asking about the length!!

He wants to know if he gets a 300 whether it will have enough inserted to be safe, or does he need to get a 400 to be safe. He's not expecting the length of the post to affect setback. He already knows what he wants with setback.

BB

He *is* asking about the length!!

He wants to know if he gets a 300 whether it will have enough inserted to be safe, or does he need to get a 400 to be safe. He's not expecting the length of the post to affect setback. He already knows what he wants with setback.

BB
I'm still reading
As it sits too far back, need something more straight at the top
but no worries he's sorted now :okay:

Top Bottom