Which lights interfer with wireless computers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
At the end of this week I'm picking up a shiny new bike and to keep with its nice clean lines I was thinking of a wireless computer.
I already have a Moon xp300 as a front light and wondered if there was a way of knowing if it was likely to interfere with the signal before I bought one?
The light I use for commuting with so tends to be on a lot over the winter so it's not even a case of not using one with the other!
Any advice would be great or any computers that don't seem to have any interference would also be good?

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Never had the problem myself with any combo. But if it worries you why not get a wired computer?

I used to use a Sigma 1909 with the Raleigh Asteri 6 front lights. Would block the wireless signal when in low constant mode - but bizarrely not in high constant or flashing! When I switched to the Garmin 800 computer the Asteri 6 didn't cause any problems. And now I've had my bike stolen and am running a Asteri 3 I had lying around that doesn't cause problems with the Garmin either.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No way of knowing. Had a Cateye Double wireless that worked fine between two Hope 1's, now using a Garmin 200, again no issues. Also used magicshine and a 3xT6 light with a Garmin 200 sat in the middle, no problem.

lejogger

Guru
I bought a 1000 lumens jobby from tinternet which interfered with my cateye strada wireless but only when the wire from the light to the battery was right next to the unit. I re-routed it and it stopped being a problem.
I then bought a Garmin and forgot that I ever had an issue... so my advice is... get a Garmin!

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
... so my advice is... get a Garmin!
if only funds would allow it- I was thinking more along the lines of making the most out of the £30 or so quid I've set aside for the task.
Perhaps I'll stick to a wired one for now and spend some time making a tidy job of it.

I have a Cateye strada wireless, this is interfered with at times by my Smart Lunar and Chinese Magicshine clone, depending on exact positioning and what mode the light is in (low/high/flash). I'm fed up with having to fiddle about to get it to work, my next purchase will probably be a cheapo wired one.

Top Bottom