Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuchs

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • ACF50

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Wurth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Once again, CC gets straight to the heart of the matter. Our very tall and handsome mystery reporter researches the subjects that matter to get to the heart of the issue.

So today we're researching maintenance sprays.

Maintenance sprays are like religions, and I want to know which one is best, and why. They penetrate, protect, release, lubricate, but which has the best all round combination of these properties?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
To my mind GT85 definitely takes the budget title, or would if there was one, but Duck Oil is my favourite all round tipple, with Double TT a close second. One of the things I like about Duck Oil is being able to get it in 5 litre cans so it can be brushed on.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
wd40.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Interesting snippet. This thread prompted me to do a bit of reading around the various ungents. Seems the Double TT has a rabid band of followers and is cheap but is t so widely available.

Another snippet. ACF50 is the anti corrosion king. Probably little argument there. What I didn't know was that the manufacturers proudly boast that it doesn't contain any waxes, PTFE etc, as these substances can actually isolate moisture and lock it in position.

Maintenance sprays are a surprisingly interesting topic to read around.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
WD40 for me as my company makes the perfume. They use about 1000 kgs a month dosed at about 0.2%, meaning they make a hell of a lot of WD40.

Top Bottom