Which map cases are compatible with my bar bag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The Ortleib ones are just as flimbsy i think, and a rip off. Your just paying for the name. You can get much better ones cheaper.
At work(Millets) there are 3/4 different ones, the Outdoor designs, or whatever the makes name is, is much better. Thicker plastic, and at the top the material is pretty thick. And its only £9.99, or maybe slightly cheaper.
Its the one msot people go for.

OP
OP
oxford_guy

oxford_guy

Über Member
Joe24 said:
The Ortleib ones are just as flimbsy i think, and a rip off. Your just paying for the name. You can get much better ones cheaper.
At work(Millets) there are 3/4 different ones, the Outdoor designs, or whatever the makes name is, is much better. Thicker plastic, and at the top the material is pretty thick. And its only £9.99, or maybe slightly cheaper.
Its the one msot people go for.

But would it fit my Vaude bar bag? Are the poppers always in a standard place? Thanks

Joe24

oxford_guy said:
But would it fit my Vaude bar bag? Are the poppers always in a standard place? Thanks

It should do. There isnt really poppers on them, they are just hooks or little o rings.
Best thing to do i think is to go into a camping store and look and see which one fits.
That Ortlieb one really is a rip off for what it is i think. You can get one thats about the same, but hasnt got the brand for something like £4.99. But they do feel like they will break easily.

Joe24

oxford_guy said:
I don't see how that would fit, then... :biggrin:

The one i was talking about, and the cheaper one does have poppers on. But they are for when you fold the case in half. So they only might fit.
Go with Mister P's suggestion, go to a LBS and ask if they have any. Failing that, go to an outdoor shop and look what they have.

Top Bottom