Which mini pump to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm doing an audax event and need to get a mini bike pump incase I puncture my tyre, which mini pump should I buy- there are lots online and I don't know which one to choose? (I have a presta valve)

vickster

Legendary Member
Lezyne road drive medium or large

si_c

Guru
The large is best as it will get to a high pressure faster and easier.
Have a version on both my road bikes.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I’ve never been a big fan of mini pumps , ok there light and tuck in the jersey pocket but that’s it. My solution is a small ( size 1) frame fit pump mounted on a mini pump bracket , a weight penalty but preferable to spending an hour trying to get to pressure. See photos 545912

vickster

Legendary Member
My Lezyne gets frame mounted or goes in rack bag depending on bike. Nothing hard like that would ever go in my jersey (I don't like having stuff against my lower back as I have a scar from back surgery)

One of the Topeak Morphs - just choose the one that is best for your tyres - yours are rather narrow/racy I imagine.

Those "real" mini mini pumps without a built in footrest are bleedin useless I reckon - fine if you want your bike ride to turn into an Its a Knockout/Jeux sans frontieres episode though.

si_c

Guru

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
One of the Topeak Morphs - just choose the one that is best for your tyres - yours are rather narrow/racy I imagine.

Those "real" mini mini pumps without a built in footrest are bleedin useless I reckon - fine if you want your bike ride to turn into an Its a Knockout/Jeux sans frontieres episode though.

I've never had a hand pump that is very satisfying to use.

The hose connection on my Lezyne stubby is well made and engineered, but in terms of putting air into my podgy tyres, all the pump will do is get me out of trouble.

I suppose that's all it has to do.

si_c

Guru
I've never had a hand pump that is very satisfying to use.

The hose connection on my Lezyne stubby is well made and engineered, but in terms of putting air into my podgy tyres, all the pump will do is get me out of trouble.

I suppose that's all it has to do.
Mostly, my road drive will get me to about 80-90psi reliably, but it takes up to 300 strokes to do so, and the last few are, difficult. This is will a "large" mini pump. The small would get there, but became much more difficult to get to a high enough pressure and took considerably more strokes to do so.

The best options are the mini-track pumps, but they are somewhat bulky.

Top Bottom