Which mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
I just fitted a set of these to my cyclo cross http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25794

Depends if you want full or race blades but these are pretty good with my 700x28 tyres

OP
OP
T

trekpilot

I think the raceblades are what im looking for, but how would they fare on a bike I use for commuting everyday? are they durable? Im thinking about in the bike rack at work, where some people throw their bikes into the racks or lean against other bikes getting in/out.

potsy

Rambler
My Raceblades are still going after 7 months commuting duties,I do try to leave the bike as far from others as i can though.

djb1971

Legendary Member
You should have gone for full guards like the bluemels. They offer lots more coverage than raceblades and don't scratch your frame.

I'm sure the Pilot can take full guards. Raceblades are ok for bikes that have no fittings for guards or tight frame clearances.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you are using raceblades, they WILL scratch your frame :eek: I only had mine fitted for about 6 months & my bike bears the scars :biggrin: I really should sell them as i'll never use them again.

Top Bottom