Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giant

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Canyon

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Cube

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Double tap = faffy and a PITA = Don’t want it.

I don‘t think the trigger shifters are double tap are they? I certainly don’t remember them being when I’ve had flat bar bikes in the past…Maybe they’ve changed. Fair do if you’ve tried extensively on the road and decided not for you

I love my gorgeous slim double tap road brifters though :biggrin:

Hope you find the right bike. 2023 models should be coming along in the next few months

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Perhaps I’ll look further into them before completely dismissing them. Especially if they’re not all double tap.

Tried it today and even with thicker soled MTB shies it was still pressing into my wedding tackle.
I’ve passed on it, gutted but I think it’s the wise choice.
I still have the Giant Fastroad SL1 as an option and may up my budget to around £1,500 - £1,600 for the tight bike.
I like the Specialized Sirrus 5 and X5 (the 4 is only a Sora and the X4 is only 11 speed and SRAM, which I don’t want).
Either way nothing in stock.
I’m getting a little fed up with it now to be honest.

That new budget will certainly open up options! X5.0 a bit of a different beast to those nippy hybrids, better on the rough stuff with future shock front 'suspension' (works a treat on rough tow path/cobbles etc, and has different springs included, i really like it). SLX 1x12sp drivetrain so less road biased but a cracking bike ... £1700 and not in stock though??
If Giant still an option have a sit on one good luck :okay:

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Thats rather a lot for a hybrid, why dont you just go to Evans and look at their Pinnacle range or Halfords? Or indeed the secondhand market? Your not racing or doing big miles, so why spend that much?

Because that’s not what I want.
Why should racers or long distance rides have all the best bikes?
That’s a little elitist.
I appreciate your opinion but don’t share it

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Btw, I wasn’t suggesting you personally we’re elitist, just the idea of only racers and/or long distance riders having nice bikes.

Why should racers or long distance rides have all the best bikes?
Because all that money goes on bikes which aren't a compromise like the hybrid is. The tech (and cost) is focused on a specific job. That's why lots of us on here have several bikes (but never enough, lol)

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

But to me drop bars and twitchy handling are a compromise.
I want a hybrid and I don’t think it unreasonable or odd that I should want the best one available within my budget.
Anyhoo, we all have our own drivers and rationale for these things.

Caperider

My wife has a giant Lust 3 mountain bike we are very pleased with it . The hydraulic brakes are really sweet too!

vickster

Legendary Member
Giant have a mountain bike called Lust?! Are their hybrids, road bikes, gravels also named after the seven deadly sins?!

Top Bottom