Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giant

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Canyon

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Cube

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Good. Wear what you would usually wear on a bike

1659549548505.jpeg

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

How tall are you ?

Is that the only size the bike comes in - or the only size the shop have ? - If the latter don't buy it - ask them to get the correct size ......or find a shop/supplier that can.

No it comes in S as well.
I have tried to find a S to try but no luck and the shop I’m question do not want to order the S (having got the S/M in) as they say they don’t sell many hybrids.
If they won’t change their mind I may have to look elsewhere again.
I have another shop getting a S in sometime next week although not the spec I want (400) it will still be a Merida Speeder, albeit the 200 I think. Same frame though so at least it’ll tell me if the S is better or whether going small screws up what is (apart from the stand over) otherwise a great fit and geometry for me.
I suppose the S can be fitted with a higher stem if that’s the only thing thrown out by going small?

No it comes in S as well.
I have tried to find a S to try but no luck and the shop I’m question do not want to order the S (having got the S/M in) as they say they don’t sell many hybrids.
If they won’t change their mind I may have to look elsewhere again.
I have another shop getting a S in sometime next week although not the spec I want (400) it will still be a Merida Speeder, albeit the 200 I think. Same frame though so at least it’ll tell me if the S is better or whether going small screws up what is (apart from the stand over) otherwise a great fit and geometry for me.
I suppose the S can be fitted with a higher stem if that’s the only thing thrown out by going small?

I had a similar dilemma - but my choice was easier as both frames were in stock. (I went for small)

I would though take a hit on spec to get the right size. (From what you have said small seems better).

Yes you can have a longer stem and higher seat post (within reason)

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

I had a similar dilemma - but my choice was easier as both frames were in stock. (I went for small)

I would though take a hit on spec to get the right size. (From what you have said small seems better).

Yes you can have a longer stem and higher seat post (within reason)

Hi, I’d just order the spec I want (Speeder 400) in the small if, having sat on a small Speeder of a lower spec (I.e. 100,200 or 300), it felt right.
I’d wait rather than buy the wrong bike.
Or perhaps get another brand/bike.

I’m suspect you are very much overthinking. Have they actually allowed you to ride the bike even just round the block? If not, I’d find an LBS that does offer the service especially on a 1k bike
If you don’t ride it and lack confidence to buy without doing so, you won’t buy and it’ll then be winter…

Wot? Winter 2023?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Does the bike feel comfortable/the right size when you're riding it?
Do you spend more time with your ar5e on the saddle than with your gentleman's bits on the crossbar?

If the answer to both of these questions is YES then get the credit or debit card out and stop worrying about your knackers!

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Does the bike feel comfortable/the right size when you're riding it?
Do you spend more time with your ar5e on the saddle than with your gentleman's bits on the crossbar?

If the answer to both of these questions is YES then get the credit or debit card out and stop worrying about your knackers!

….but I’m rather attached to them 😟^_^

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Trying the S/M Merida again tomorrow, this time wearing thicker soles MTB shoes.
Problem is that if I do decide I need a S, there’s none to be had!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Some of my bikes are tight near the privates but you almost always tilt the bike to one side when stopped and even if you have a fall both you and the bike would have to remain vertically upright for there to be a problem.
Fit is about reach, you really are over thinking this.
Buy the S/M Merida.

Trying the S/M Merida again tomorrow, this time wearing thicker soles MTB shoes.
Problem is that if I do decide I need a S, there’s none to be had!

doesn't that tell you something ? - most people who have your dilemma are opting for the small.

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Tried it today and even with thicker soled MTB shies it was still pressing into my wedding tackle.
I’ve passed on it, gutted but I think it’s the wise choice.
I still have the Giant Fastroad SL1 as an option and may up my budget to around £1,500 - £1,600 for the tight bike.
I like the Specialized Sirrus 5 and X5 (the 4 is only a Sora and the X4 is only 11 speed and SRAM, which I don’t want).
Either way nothing in stock.
I’m getting a little fed up with it now to be honest.

Top Bottom