Which of these 3 shoes for a single-speed hipster?

Which of these 3 based purely on looks?

Votes: 7 26.9%

Votes: 9 34.6%

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Have decided to buy some new summer-ish spd shoes to replace my 6 year old Shimano M076.

Have narrowed it down to these three, so purely on looks alone which should I get?

£42.JPG

£75.JPG

£100.JPG

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
None, surely for a SS hipster, you would wear brogues with cleats, plus fours, or jeans rolled up on one side and...of course...a bushy beard.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Based purely on looks I voted for #1, but!

None of the options are exactly visually appealing with #1 the least offensive of a bad bunch.

#2 is just wrong, the blue & orange does not work at all and I doubt it would start to look right even if it exactly matched the colour scheme of your bike.

#3 is special, in a special kind of way and epitomises all that is wrong with cycle shoe design. Why does wearing cycle specific gear have to make you look like some kind of non-caring halfwit? I can see how they might improve your performance because you are going to want to ride pretty fast in these so that hopefully no-one will be able to see the blur of your spinning feet. Just hope you don't have to stop or get off the bike because then everyone will point and laugh because 'Gee, don't your feet look funny'.

Based on a technical decision I would choose #2 because I have been mightily impressed with Vibram soles on my normal footwear and if they do cycling soles even half as well then they are onto a winner.

However, none of this matters, because if you buy any of these I will refuse to ride with you again! :tongue:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Watch it big guy, or next time I fix your brakes I might fix them good..... :B)

Based purely on looks I voted for #1, but!

None of the options are exactly visually appealing with #1 the least offensive of a bad bunch.

#2 is just wrong, the blue & orange does not work at all and I doubt it would start to look right even if it exactly matched the colour scheme of your bike.

#3 is special, in a special kind of way and epitomises all that is wrong with cycle shoe design. Why does wearing cycle specific gear have to make you look like some kind of non-caring halfwit? I can see how they might improve your performance because you are going to want to ride pretty fast in these so that hopefully no-one will be able to see the blur of your spinning feet. Just hope you don't have to stop or get off the bike because then everyone will point and laugh because 'Gee, don't your feet look funny'.

Based on a technical decision I would choose #2 because I have been mightily impressed with Vibram soles on my normal footwear and if they do cycling soles even half as well then they are onto a winner.

However, none of this matters, because if you buy any of these I will refuse to ride with you again! :tongue:
:laugh:

Top Bottom